TAA 40: Conditions

CHAPTER 40: CONDITIONS

OMNISCIENT

In the dimly lit cavern atop Narta's mountains, the air hung heavy with ancient secrets. Lavander and Winchester, surrounded by scrolls containing mystical incantations and forgotten lore, were engrossed in deciphering the cryptic writings when an ethereal presence alerted them.

Silently, the Queen materialized, her regal silhouette framed by the glow of enchanted crystals. With a flicker of her gaze, she seized control of the mystical energies within the cavern. Lavander and Winchester, ensnared by an unseen force, felt their consciousness slipping away like tendrils of mist.

As the duo succumbed to unconsciousness, the Zegordian Gentry, sworn protectors of the kingdom, exchanged uneasy glances. The cavern, a repository of Zegordia's most guarded wisdom, held secrets that transcended time. Now, with the unexpected intrusion, the Gentry found himself caught between the consequences of forbidden knowledge and the imminent judgment of their sovereign.

The Queen's eyes, ablaze with an otherworldly intensity, bore into Lavander and Winchester's still forms. Unspoken questions lingered in the air, and the truth loomed like a shadow over the cavern. The Zegordian Gentry, bound by duty and loyalty, braced himself for the reckoning that would unfold in the wake of the uninvited exploration into the heart of their mystical realm.

“So, you were the one who trapped the soul of an Earthlander into the body of a Zegordian lady?” asked Zaryn towards the Queen of Zegordia. His voice was tainted with suspicion towards the act of a Golden Iris. He cannot seem to understand why she is going this way.

“I know it may sound like I am the villain, but you need to understand something, Zaryn,” she said. Her voice was calm, like the gentle breeze of the wind. Even her eyes speak nothing but utter elegance and calmness.

“And what should I understand aside from this is a treason against the kingdom?!" He exclaimed. Bakas ang galit at pagkalito sa boses nito, subalit, pinilit niyang huwag manguna ang kanyang damdamin.

“You need to understand that this is all Fate of Esher's plan, and you, Fabienne, and the Emerald Forest are tangled in this web,” she said. Although this statement has already been realized before, it still has an effect especially from the voice of the Queen whom they thought didn't know anything.

Zaryn narrowed his eyes, suspicion etched across his face. "Fate of Esher's plan? What nonsense is this? Why would our fates be entwined in such a malevolent scheme?"

The Queen of Zegordia, her gaze steady, began to pace the ornate chamber. "Fate of Esher is the weaver of destinies, emotions, and tribulations. That is her expertise, and every strand, no matter how twisted, serves a purpose. The Earthlander's soul within the Zegordian lady's body is a pawn in a grander game, one that predates the future."

Zaryn, still grappling with the revelation, demanded, "Explain yourself. How does Fabienne and the Emerald Forest fit into this elaborate scheme?"

The Queen paused, her eyes reflecting the weight of unfolding secrets. "The Beast Realm is a land of powerful ether energy, a place where realms converge, including the Emerald Forest. You already know Fabienne is a conductor, and Fate of Esher's plan necessitates the melding of worlds, and the forest plays a crucial role."

Zaryn's frustration deepened. "How about these,” he pointed his hands around. “A summoning ritual? For what? Summoning a Dalaysian Beast for what? As part of a grand design?” he scoffed right after. Unbelieving everything that the place offers.

The Queen's face softened. “This is for you…”

Zaryn parted his lips. “For me?”

“You are Austin the Destroyer, right, Zaryn? As dictated by the historical texts, innocent lives of both mortals and beasts will be sacrificed to awaken the power idling inside you.”