THE MEETING!!!

"That's the thing about pain..it demands
to be felt"

Faiz sat inside his office cabin rummaging in his drawers to find the file for the next week's meeting when he suddenly thought of something and removed his wallet and took
out the folded letter that had developed the impression that it was read at least 100 times since it was written. It had become yellowish from constant touch and folding and crisp at someplace due to the falling teardrops.

Faiz didn't want to throw it away or keep
it somewhere else because it was something that was written withi lots of excitement, hope, emotions and love and throwing it away would simply mean dumping all those feelings and that didn't seem appropriate to him anyways.

Faiz  looked intently at those words that
were still clearly visible, that said. "From Rukhsaar with love", He carefully opened it and read it for the 100th time or maybe more.!!

Dear Mr Busy Hubby of mine,

I would ike to borrow you from your busy schedule and would like to spend some time with you today. I have news alhamdulillah. Ask your boss to give you a break as you need to meet your other boss and that's me. I am keeping it inside your file so that you can't give me the weird excuse that you Could not see
it and won't be able to ignore it. After reading this call me.. I will tell you where
to meet.

Ps: Don't you dare ignore it else I will not talk to you for the rest of my life. *No kidding*

-your Desperate wife

Faiz let those tears fall as he leaned on his chair staring at the ceiling. After some time he folded it properly and kept it back in its place 'else I will not talk to you the rest of my life.' He thought of her words and sighed at the irony of it.

He picked up his keys and left for the parking to get his car. Throughout the drive, he was controlling his emotions and trying to make himself strong
enough not to break down before her and not to dwell on second thoughts as warned by his mom. He wanted to reverse and drive back to the office cause he won't be able to leave that place. He knew he cannot control himself once he gets there...

After 20 minutes of driving, he slowed down his car and parked it in front of a huge building that read "Fortis super speciality hospital".

He was standing at the entrance while his mind rushed with those events of the past that led him here in the first place. Like everyone else he too had a wish to never return here again but in vain.

He saw an elderly couple walking hand in hand, they seem happy but neither he knew what brought them here nor they knew his worries and woe.

He entered and went straight to the reception and stated the name and purpose of his visit to the receptionist.

The receptionist checked on his details and said, 'Room no 506 Sir,..have a good day', flashing a straight smile.

'Hmm' was all Faiz could mutter as
whatever the receptionist said was of no use to him. Room num was printed inside his brain and as long as he remembered, since the day he came here, he never had a good day.

Faiz went inside the elevator and pressed
5. He was trying to control himself, fighting a war against his feelings. Anytime he will breakdown, wanted to take her away with him...but....he can't...he didn't know when.

He reached the 5th floor and composed
himself before coming out of the elevator. He dragged himself towards his destination. And finally, he was standing in front of the room that read "Room no 506 ICU"

Assalamualaikum readers!!!
Hope you all are doing well.
Jazakallah khair