03

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

The battle was over and we had fought until the activity eventually died out. Well still don't know who attacked and we were unsure as to why. But it was an act of war. We've been careful for the last couple of days but it was only going to get worse from here.

I shook my head out of my thoughts for a moment as reality hit me.

"Catch up josh!" A seal yelled behind me.

"Commence!" Staff sergeant brown yelled.

"If you do it wrong you'll do it over and over until you get it right!" He yelled.

"Work in unison you people should know each others strengths." Commander yelled.

I pushed the tire with every force I had within me. I didn't want to stop, stoping would only make me look weaker. It was 05:34 AM. An early start to our morning.

We woken up by the alarm sounding off within our base. When we came and aligned it was only torture that we were unready for.

"You'll begin by pushing the tire 2 miles once you've completed that you'll be forced to sprint your way back with your partner. When you've completed that you'll crawl back through the mud and you'll be done with today's morning training." He nodded.

"Sir permission to speak!" A soldier spoke sternly.

"Permission granted." He nodded.

"Will we have training later?" She asked.

"What type of question is that?" He laughed.

"Of course you'll have training!" He yelled.

My head shook out a trance that replayed that conversation in my head. I was close yet far Tristan was all the way in front of me.

"Josh are you a quitter?" Lieutenant Lee asked.

"No sir!" I yelled pushing the tire.

"Then start pushing that fucking tire faster!" He shouted.

I grunted with every push as I saw the tunnels getting closer. I smile began to pass my face as I didn't stop now. I couldn't stop.

I saw Tristan fall but I couldn't go over to help him we would both receive punishment. He couldn't stop either he would receive a far greater punishment. He quickly gathered himself before pushing the tire. We were now closer together.

"Look I'm sorry about yesterday." I admit.

"No I'm sorry Josh, I shouldn't have done that to you." He admit.

"I forgive you." I nod.

"You alright?" I asked pushing the tire.

"My ankles are giving out." He grunted.