39

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

˗ˏˋ🎶 'ˎ˗Jacob and the stone- Emile Mosseri

˗ˏˋ🎶 'ˎ˗
Jacob and the stone- Emile Mosseri

<>

I could hear my own heartbeats on a heart monitor. I was on a bed as far as I knew, my mouth was attached to a breathing tube. My breath was hitched and every breath sounded like my last one.

There is a randomness to life. A luck,
a rhythm that is beyond my ability to understand. The truth is I died up on that mountain. Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and fear of reputation that I am bound to uphold.

There's no question that a part of me will forever be up on that mountain dead as my brothers died. I lost the one person who truly cared about me more than I ever would. The military doesn't prepare you for the loses of loved ones or the pain of the battle. It prepares you for the fight and strength.

But, there is a part of me that lived... because of my brothers, because of them I am still alive and I can never forget that no matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, how far you fall...
From flatline to a heartbeat.

You are never out of the fight.

Micheal showed that to me. He never gave up. I believe that if he were still here he would even tell me that.

There is nothing that can fulfill micheal, he was truly extraordinary. Maybe even if he was still here we would've been somewhere with a small house on the beach living our best lives.

Now all of that is within one of my wildest dreams.

I guess you never really know what rock bottom is till you hit it. A part of me wished I died on that mountain too.

The army is a special place. You are pushed like never before, you may face death, fight and losses; but in the end it's not about how bad you may have won or loss that fight. It's about how far did you come.

I came a long way from when I started. Hell, I couldn't even run a mile before I came here. But I owe it all too micheal. Every last bit of fight in me was because of him. I would've never pushed myself If I knew I could have never done it. He would never let me doubt myself and for that I'll forever cherish the time we spent together.

I don't regret joining the army and I sure don't regret that gun fight. We may have went down, but we went down hard. I know I'll see them in another life. But there is always the other side of peace; and in this life I choose not to be angry at what happened but I choose the reality part to it.

You're never alone.

Those boys were special; I was closer to them rather than my own family.

They were my family.

But my journey isn't over from here. I'll see those goofballs on the other side. I guess you never know how much you can need someone until you find that right someone.

"Her fingers are moving!" A voice yelled.

"Doctor! Doctor!" The voice shouts.

✗