35

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

They dragged me all through the village as I walked with a limp. I got dirty looks from every single one of them. I didn't know what they were going to do to me. Men began arguing and yelling at me and I do understand. But I think I was different from all the rest of the soldiers.

I didn't want to have the intention of kill them.. just the taliban.

My breath turned into pants when I realized they would be taking me inside a place. I thought they were going to surrender me to the taliban.

"No.. no no." I begged.

I tried to stop my feet but my legs were far too weak. They pushed me in and I limped my way over to wherever they were taking me. Before they could take me to wherever, they were stopped by a man who began yelling at them.

I didn't know what they were saying but he seemed angry.

He placed me on the bed and I tried to catch my breath. I looked around as they all stared at me.
He began saying something in his language trying to calm me down but I didn't know what he was saying.

If this was the way that I was going to die, I couldn't give up. I panted my way trying to catch my breath when I heard the word 'Americanee' Slip from someone's mouth.

"What?" I panted.

He began saying something again and repeating the word 'Americanee'

"You- you know where to find the Americans?" I panted.

"Americanee." He nods.

I took out my map now gasping for air. My hands were trembling and I could barely even unfold the map.

"Show- Show me where we are!" I panted pointing to the map aggressively.

He looks at the map confused and stares at it for a moment.

"Please." I begged.

He looks at it more and sets it back down on my lap. He points to a direct spot.

"Are you sure!" I panted.

The men began yelling something in their language and I couldn't quite make it out.

I flipped the paper over and write a note on the back.

'Joshlynn moore Bargram Base
TAG: 6828'

I was going to write something else when I heard the man yell Shah's name. I know I heard it and I know I couldn't have been going crazy because even the man who was helping me tried to calm him down.

"Who is that!" I yelled.

He yelled something saying the word 'Tali.'

"Who's that?" I asked again.

It was like putting a puzzle together I only got prices and fragments.

"Who is that!" I repeated.

I took out a grenade from my pocket.

"I will kill all of us right now! Tell me who that is!" I yelled.

"Who is that!" I asked again.

The men began arguing in native tongues.

"Do you see what I have? I will fucking kill you! Is he- Is he taliban?" I panted.

The man turned to me and began yelling at me.

"Are you Taliban! I will kill you!" I yelled.

He tried to charge me but the man that was helping me had held him back.

"I will kill you all right now! I know he fucking knows something." I pointed to the man.

"You tell him.. that I will fucking kill him alright?" I panted.

I gasped for air now with my finger on the trigger of the grenade.

"Look at me in my fucking eyes and you ask me if you think I give a fuck!" I spoke sternly to the man.

For some reason it was like we could understand each other even with our language barriers. I understood that he didn't want me here and he understood that I was a Liability.

But this man knew something.

I could feel it.

"I don't go home, you don't go home. You hear me?" I asked.

"I will fucking kill you!" I yelled.

The man was pushed out of the house we were in.
The other man came over and tried to calm down. He began hushing me and whispering something in his native language.

"Why do you help me?" I asked.

"Why are you helping me!" I panted.

But there was no response.

"Do you help me?" I asked.

He nods his head yes.

"Can I trust you?" I asked sternly.

"Americanee." He nods again.

"Okay." I tried to catch my breath.

I handed him the paper.

"There's- there's an american base located here." I showed him my note.

"Give this to them and tell them where I am." I panted.

"Tell them where I am!" I repeated.

"Americanee." He repeated.

He took the map and began examining it. The man spoke to another man that was in the house. He gave him the paper and exchanged a few words. He gave him a nod before leaving with the paper in his hand.

The door closes and It was just the boy and I.

✗