10

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

It was 10:30 AM a little later than what PT usually has been.

"Wake up sunshine!" I poked Tristan.

Surprisingly Travis was already out the door to his post. I brushed my teeth and layered a tank with a green shirt. I wore camouflage pants with my mud boots.

I reported to my post saluting the General.

"Good morning! As you can see this isn't our usual set ups." He explained.

I looked around and he was right they created a multicourse that's surrounded the entire base.

"You may have noticed our Monkey house course." He smiled.

"Today you'll be using your upper body strength to swing your way to the end. Then you'll be swinging your way to the end of the line. If not you'll fall in mud. You will then be forced to test your balance and walk on a beam. Lastly you will crawl in the mud within 10 minutes." He explained.

My mouth slowly dropped a little.

10 minutes! Are these people insane?

"What are you still standing here get to your stations!" He yelled.

"Go!" He blew his whistle.

We had to swing our way to the end of the line on a pole using only our upper bodies. I almost fell due to my hand sweat making my grip slippery. I jumped off running my way towards the ropes.

Tristan had already started. We had to swing across on a rope using our torso to help push us. If not we would fall in complete mud. I used the rope and got a running head start before jumping on it. My momentum took me to the end. I stood up and grabbed a gun next to me. We walked across a beam carrying a gun. I then dropped the gun and crawled underneath a net that was at least 20 inches long.

"Cmon keep up josh! Tristan smiled.

"I'm so going to beat you after this." I groaned out of breathe

I tried to keep up with him because he was too fast. I stopped for a moment, but remembered the words of Sergeant He once told me.

"You're stronger than anything Josh you just need an extra push and once you do get that extra push unstoppable"

I continued throughout the course even though my body couldn't take it anymore. Pain was only temporary hustle was forever. The words that my father gave me always stuck with me. They're always encouraging yet powerful anything he said was powerful.

"Let's go josh Push!" He yelled with his stop watch.

With every crawl I just wanted to scream. I mean seriously! Fuck them for trying to make me do this under 10 minutes.