#51 Dreaming?

Tum aa gaye baazuon mein mere
Sau savere liye
Sau savere liye

"Y-y/n!" He called out breathless. Jungkook's whole persona turned miserable. Due to her sudden appearance the mafia's heart began to palpitate. His heart pounds more against his ribcage with each step she takes towards him. The booming was furious and incessant.

"Shall I prepare another one?" She offered nearing him. "Huh!" He exclaimed with a bewildered expression.

"Cup of coffee, with no sugar this time." He didn't even blink once while staring at her as if she would vanish somewhere if dared to do that and the mafia doesn't want this to happen at any cost. The mafia was numb.

"Yuna told me you again started to skip breakfast, is it true?" Jeon Jungkook seemed to be under a spell as to how promptly and innocently he inclined his head in agreement. His unwavering gaze espied her eyes squinting at him with a not-so-pleasant look on her face before they once again turned normal.

"Have your breakfast first." She says, gripping on his wrist. Feeling the softness of her warm hands against his skin he jerked it away and stepped backwards.

He felt the sensation of her touch and it awoke him. Lifting his head up, his eyes locked to hers. The gentleness her eyes were holding ran deep into him and seized his heart, but terror held him fast. "Why are you here? You left me, right?"

Y/n's heart felt heavy as she witnessed his eyes glistening. She feels as if someone gripped her heart and squeezed it. "I am here for you." She said in a whisper, barely audible for him to hear.

But when lips can't speak, your eyes narrate; the tale of your emotions. Allow them to speak those unspoken emotions and let your heart be the attester and y/n didn't hold back this time.

Breath clogged up somewhere in his throat as she stared deeply into his eyes. Jeon Jungkook stood silent, unable to believe whatever her eyes expressed to him. A voiceless confession.

What if he is dreaming? What if all this turns out to be a joke, a big hilarious joke of his life?

Jungkook watched with an unmoving gaze as she stepped closer to him. Why does it appear so dreamy yet real?
His heart pounded when she rested her palm on his cheek. "I can't pretend anymore...I am so desperately in......."

"Boss, there is an emergency." Words got stuck in her throat due to the sudden disturbance. She failed to pour her heart out. As she was about to step back, his grip on her wrist did not let her hand slip from his face.

It was an act of sheer desperation. Y/n smiled and gently caressed his cheek. "You need to go, Jungkook." He didn't release his grip. His heart was in desperate need to hear her words.

"I'll be waiting here." Jungkook would prefer to abandon everything and wish to be near her. What if he doesn't get the dreamy chance to hear her again? What if this fantasy image of his unconscious mind on which he is dwelling, later all shatters and falls into pieces?

So what if she can't express it now? She will do it soon, once he is back. But y/n didn't have the foggiest idea of him not coming back so soon, not even after two days. She kept longing but he didn't show up.

As much as she longed to be with him, she was more distraught as she had no idea where he was. She was worried about his safety.

"Calm down y/n, he must be busy with some work. You know about his profession right?" Mia spoke with assurance but her friend was too distressed to absorb her words.

"Why don't you try to call him?"
"You think I didn't? I have been calling for two days but I can't get through. His mobile is switched off." Y/n answered sobbing.