57

I was aching all over. Muscles had been used that I never knew I had, my body put into positions that I didn't realise was possible but my god it was worth it.

Kai and I were well and truly reconnected, freshly showered and snuggling in bed and resting.

"Can you tell I missed you?" Kai asked proudly.

I chuckled, lifting my head to meet his gaze. "I missed you too."

"Oh, I know." He grinned.

Leaning towards me, he placed a lingering kiss upon my lips, still able to make my stomach flutter.

"Can we take the shuttle to Kiara's later?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Kai mumbled, causing me to laugh.

"Are you hungry?"

"Starving." He groaned. "I'll make us something to eat in a minute."

"No, I wasn't hinting for you to make something, I can do it." I smiled.

"I know, it's alright, I want to."

I kissed him on the cheek before slowly getting out of bed.

My legs felt slightly wobbly, my joints aching but I tried to move as I usually would, feeling a tad envious of Kai when he got up too, unaffected by our intense workout.

"Are you alright?" He stood beside me, concern on his face as he looked me up and down.

"Yeah, just a bit achy, but it'll pass soon enough." I mumbled, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Scooping me up in his large arms, he carried me down the stairs and sat me on a stool in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I wondered when he started pressing buttons on one of the machines.

"Making you feel better, my love." He stated, before handing me a cup of green liquid.

"What is it?" I asked, inspecting the strange liquid, swirling it around in the cup.

"It's good for joints and achy muscles. I've had it a few times, it's very effective."

"Okay." I muttered, gulping it down. "Tastes like shit though, it's awful."

I squeezed my eyes closed, shaking my head as the after-taste hit me. "Errgh."

Coming up behind me, Kai rubbed my shoulders, gently pressing and squeezing them as I let out a groan.

"Give it a few minutes and you should start feeling better."

After kissing me on the top of my head, he walked back over to the machine and began pressing buttons as I sat and watched.

"You should dress like that more often." I grinned, my eyes devouring his naked torso.

Kai flexed his pecks, winking at me with a cheesy grin as he placed two plates down on the table.

I tried not to laugh, biting my lip to conceal my grin.

Sitting down opposite me, he took a bite of his food before his eyes landed on me.

"How do you feel now?"

Hopping off my stool, I twisted my body to stretch my joints, hands on my hips as I leaned over to my left and then to my right.

"Good as new." I breathed, eyes wide, amazed at how quickly Kai's joint potion had worked.

"Perfect." He smiled sweetly before taking another bite of his food.

After we had finished eating, Kai and I got ready and made our way to the shuttle to go to Kiara's house.

The journey didn't take very long, a five minute ride before her house came into view.