A Fresh Start

I ran out the door of my now ex-boyfriend Josh's house, as tears rolled down my face. I couldn't believe I had caught my boyfriend of 2 years cheating on me with my best friend Nessa. I called my best friend Chris; he could immediately tell something was wrong. "Lex, is everything ok?" He asked in a concerned tone. " No." I said struggling to speak. "I'll be over in 5." He said as he hung up the phone. I dropped my phone on the floor as I sobbed uncontrollably.  I have never felt this much pain before, I couldn't tell if it was more about Josh cheating, or about Nessa stabbing me in the back, but the more I sat there crying the worse I felt. As soon as I started to calm down, I heard a knock on the door. It was Chris. "He broke your heart, didn't he?" Before I could respond he wrapped me in his arms, and I immediately felt safe. At that moment I realized that the guy I needed the most was the guy right in front of me. As he let go, without thinking I felt the words I love you come out of my mouth. Chris stood there with a gigantic smirk on his face. "I love you too, in fact I love you more than you'll ever know. I stood there in shock as I felt a burst of happiness come upon me. "Lex?" He said unsurely. " Yes?" I responded.  "Would you, wanna, maybe, be my girlfriend?"  "I would love to, Chris!" And from that moment on, we've been closer if not the closest we have ever been.