You were beautiful before

For as long as I could remember, I have always had a crush on Matthew Sturniolo. He was perfect in every way. A lacrosse star and grade a student, with his charming looks and incredible style made him a target amongst the girls at our school. Yet with all of this stuff going for him, he was incredibly shy and quiet and didn't speak unless he had too. However, when it came to girls, he was always talking and being friendly, yet he never tried to talk to me. His triplet brother Nick, who I share multiple classes with just tells me it's nothing, yet I can't help but feel it's something. He wasn't as womanizing as Chris, but he was up there. Matthew could have any girl he wanted, and he does, except he's never tried me. I started to grow upset about it. Not once in my whole entire 17 years of existing did I think I would let a boy destroy my life and not even try to, but in my head, he's just testing me, so I decided to play. I started to do small changes like getting more b's and curling my hair. Wearing tighter clothing and having a bit of an attitude. Little did I know that my "small changes" had caught the eye of Matthew Sturniolo, yet he couldn't understand why I would change, and to be honest, I didn't know either. I just wanted to be worthy of his attention, but what I didn't know was that he always admired the way I was, and he was just waiting for the perfect time. It was a new day, and I showed up with blonde hair. A big change that out shined all my other ones. I could feel eyes on me everywhere and it seemed to work on everyone but the one I wanted. I reached class when I saw Matthew sitting in the back and the only available seat was right next to his. I swallowed my nerves before walking to seat "so your blonde now?" I looked at him before nodding "Why" he asks as I just looked at him "I don't know. I got tired of being brunette." He looks at me as he thinks about my answer " you were beautiful before."