You Forgot pt.1

Today was a big day for my son. It's his first lacrosse game as a freshman. Matt has been extremely busy, but he always made time for his family. He even promised Tyler that he would be there, but when the big day came, we both waited, and Matt never showed. I knew Tyler was hurt and he had every right to be. Tyler ended up winning, but deep down, it didn't matter, he just wanted his dad to be there. I wanted his dad to be there. It was almost 11 pm when Tyler finally fell asleep. I heard the front door open as my husband steps through the door with a big smile on his face as he comes to give me a kiss, I dodge him. He looks at me funny "what, do I have something on my face" "No, just stupid" "What" "It was today" "what was today" I look at him in shock as it finally made sense. He forgot. "You forgot" I questioned as he looked around trying to figure it out "what, what am I forgetting" "Tylers game was today, Matthew. You never showed" Matts face falls as he starts to understand. He starts to tear up as he looks at his phone. "I thought it was next Tuesday" he shows me his phone as he had it marked. I felt kind of bad for him, but it didn't excuse anything. Matt didn't always pay good attention "Matt, you need to listen better, but it's not me you need to worry about, its him." I say as I go upstairs. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.