Day 94 - Veil of Truth

Lysander lived in the complicated corridors of time where the past and future intertwined. He was a traveler of invisible worlds, a wanderer of ancient ages, bound by the unchangeable rules of time.

     For eight years, he had wandered the meandering roads of another reality, his memories of the future fading in each day. In this realm, he found refuge in the embrace of a lady named Elowen, a ray of light amid the darkness surrounding him.

     But as the ghosts from the present time spoke their haunting songs, Lysander sensed an inescapable draw toward his true home—a world beyond mortal conception. He had forgotten the fundamental law of time travel: his stay in this realm was fleeting, a tiny blink in the eye of eternity.

     As the fateful day approached, Lysander felt the strands of fate tighten around him, a tangible reminder of the life he must leave behind. He observed silently as Elowen's eyes welled up with unshed tears, her heart burdened with the weight of his approaching departure.

     "I'll be back before you know it," he assured, his voice filled with sadness as he gathered his stuff near the door.

     But even as he shouted the words, he knew they were false—a hollow promise set to be destroyed by the unstoppable march of time.

     And so, on the eve of his departure, Lysander stood alone in the dimly lighted parlor, his heart heavy with the weight of what lay ahead. He knew he couldn't stay—that remaining in this world any longer would invite tragedy, tempting fate in ways he couldn't comprehend.

     With a sad heart and a soul burdened by his choices, Lysander closed his eyes and submitted to time's relentless pull. And as the world faded into darkness, he felt himself ripped from the fabric of reality, his essence scattered like grains of sand on the winds of eternity.

     Lysander went without a trace, leaving just a brief recollection in the annals of time. And, while Elowen may never know the truth about his departure, Lysander takes comfort in the knowledge that their love, albeit short, had transcended the confines of time.

     But there is one thing Lysander could do. He could return to the day he first met Elowen and relive the life they had shared in the last eight years.

     When Lysander realized he could do this, he immediately took the risk and started a new life with someone he knew very well.