Day 134 - The Adopted Cat

Alex was an average man with a special affection for animals, particularly cats. So when he came upon a little, scrappy cat abandoned in the alley behind his apartment building, his heart went out to the unfortunate animal.

     Without hesitation, Alex cradled the small kitty in his arms, pledging to give it a loving and caring home. He called the cat Luna, after the moonlight that shined down on them that tragic night.

     Luna matured quickly, her previously small and delicate physique transformed into a sleek and strong figure. Alex marveled at her change, crediting it to the love and food she got in their simple home.

     However, as Luna grew, so did her appetite, and Alex soon found himself fighting to satisfy her ravenous need. He joked with his buddies that Luna must be a tiger since she devoured everything in sight with the fury of a wild animal.

     Despite her insatiable hunger, Luna was kind and devoted to Alex, cuddling up on his lap each night as he read by the warm glow of the fire. But as time passed, Alex began to observe minor changes in Luna's behavior, small oddities that hinted at something worse hiding beneath the surface.

     One evening, as Alex arrived home from work, he was met by a realization that stopped him in his tracks. Luna—or what looked to be Luna—was reclining in the center of his living room, but she was no longer the little, tamed cat he had adopted months before.

     Instead, she had matured into a gorgeous tiger, her golden fur gleaming in the low light of the setting sun. Alex couldn't believe his eyes, his thoughts whirling from the image before him.

     As he stood frozen in place, Luna padded closer to him with elegance and poise matching her increased height. She nuzzled his leg, letting out a deep purr that sent thrills down Alex's spine. At that moment, he recognized the truth: Luna was no ordinary cat; she was a tiger, a gorgeous untamed monster.

     Despite the shock of the news, Alex believed Luna belonged with him, regardless of her actual form. He had vowed to provide her with a loving and caring home, and he planned to uphold that promise, even if it meant sharing his life with a creature as savage and untamed as a tiger.

     As the sun dropped below the horizon and darkness fell over the city, Alex welcomed Luna back into his house, welcoming her as his faithful companion and stalwart friend. For in their relationship, he realized that love has no borders and that the most improbable friendships may bring the most delight.