11

Vox smiled as he walked into the studio lobby. "Lucifer!! What brings you to the studio today?"

"Oh, just here to check on how the recent acquisition was going. ." Lucifer smiled. "I heard a few rumors and just wanted to make sure that everything was going well." He smiled seeing Lex behind Vox. " Lex... long time no see. How is everything going for you here?"

"Everything is going smoothly, thank you." Lex.smiled as she grabbed Voxs hand tighter.

"Lex has been a valuable asset to the studio." Vox replied, keeping his tone casual. "And as for your concerns, everything is under control. We will handle any issues that arise."

"Good to hear." Lucifer smiled. "So you won't mind showing me all the paperwork then?"

"Of course not, Lucifer. Let's head to the office and I'll show you everything you need to see." Vox led the way into Vals studio office and sat down at the desk, motioning for Lex to sit as well. "Alright." He opened a file cabinet removing a folder and placing it on the desk.He flipped through the papers in the folder, making sure everything was in order. "Here's all the information you requested. Contracts, payments, and the transfer of the company as a whole... everything is documented." He handed the folder to Lucifer.

"Very good." Lucifer nodded, looking over the paperwork. "This looks to be in order. I'm glad everything is going smoothly." He smiled at Vox and Lex. "It's unfortunate what happened to Frankie.... Lex? Do you suspect any kind of foul play in his demise?"

Vox looked at Lex, noticing her tight grip on his hand. He felt a pang of something within him, but he pushed it down. He knew that Alexandra was more than capable of taking care of herself.

Lex took a breath, "Frankie was in over his head on some business deals, I'm pretty sure he had some substantial debts to some pretty heavy hitters and that is what lead to his death."

"I see. Well, I'm glad you were able to get out of that situation safely." Lucifer said, looking at Lex. " Vox do you mind if I speak to Lex alone for a moment?"

"Of course not, take your time." He smiled at Lex, squeezing her hand gently before stepping out into the hallway. He leaned against the wall, feeling a strange mix of emotions.

Lucifer smiled. "Lex.... have you given any thought to taking Frankie's place?" Lucifer tilted his head, gazing at her with interest. "You'd make a fine leader Lex. I'm sure of it."

"I have no interest in being an Overlord." Lex sighed. "I want no part of that constant power struggle."

Lucifer nodded slowly, his expression softening. "I understand. You are your own person, Lex. It's important to know what you want and not let anyone else decide for you." He tilted his head to the side, his eyes sparkling with playfulness. "Please be careful, you are a very desirable piece in the Overlords power game right now." He smiled. "Please give some serious thought to taking Frankie's spot."

"Of course, Lucifer. I will consider it." Lex nodded, trying to keep her composure.

Lucifer flashed his most charming smile. "That's all I can ask for. Don't be afraid to consult me if you need any guidance." He said before stepping out of the room and heading down the hallway.

Vox watched Lucifer leave, feeling a strange mix of emotions himself. He couldn't help but wonder what he had said to Lex.

"Everything alright?" Vox asked, his concern evident in his voice as he walked back into the office. He could see the inner turmoil playing out in her eyes and he wanted nothing more than to make it go away.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Lucifer just wanted to discuss a few things with me." She shrugged nonchalantly, trying to hide the fact that his words had affected her more than she'd like to admit.