14

Vox smiled as he carefully moved Lexs arm so he could get up.

"Voxy?" Lex sighed sleepily, "Where you going baby?"

"6am babe... I've got to get to the tower." He leaned over kissing her softly. "Go back to sleep."

Valentino watched as Vox kissed Lex softly before leaving the room. He smirked and pulled her back against him holding her tight. "I've got you baby doll."

Lex closed her eyes and slowly drifted back to sleep.

Vox arrived at the tower just before 6:30 am. He made his way to his office and sat down at his desk, pulling out a file. He had just begun to read when there was a knock on his door. "Enter." He said simply, still engrossed in the file.

"We need to talk." Lucifer took a seat across from Vox.. " We have a little problem"

"What kind of problem?" Vox asked, closing the file and setting it aside. He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It seems Lex managed to kill a few of Greeds henchmen." Lucifer sighed, "I thought she had decided to change, She has been staying at the hotel and Charlie said she was improving..... what happened?"

"I didn't expect her to be hunting Greed's men." He leaned back in his chair and sighed. "They had one of Vals girls... Lex simply went to retrieve our property."

"And what happened to the girl? Is she alright?"

"She was in pretty bad shape, Lex was going to talk to her today and hopefully be able to help her get over what happened." Vox shook his head "Lex can be impulsive and reckless at times, but she does have a knack for getting things done, she's my problem. I'll handle it."

"So she decided to be an enforcer again?" Lucifer raised an eyebrow. " If she did I need to have a little chat with her."

"She hasn't decided anything, she simply ran an errand for her boss." Vox looked at Lucifer for a moment before continuing. "As for the issue with Greed's men, we'll take care of it."

"I'm sure you will." Lucifer stood up and looked at Vox. "I suggest you keep an eye on her, If she reverts back to the way she was without someone like Frankie to look after her it could be bad."

"She is what she is....... you can't expect an ex enforcer to do a complete 180." Vox smiled. "Even if she does go back to her old ways.... what is it going to hurt? Sinners kill sinners every day."

"True, but she is one of the strongest and most cunning." Lucifer stood. "With everything going on I am only making sure she is somewhat under control so she doesn't draw unwanted attention to herself."

"I'll do my best to keep her in check, but you know how she is."

"I know, I know. But try to keep her from causing too much chaos." Lucifer smirked as he looked at Vox. "And don't worry, I won't let anything happen to her."

Vox leaned forward. "Why do you suddenly have such an interest in her?"

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, smirking slightly. "Why? Because she's a powerful asset when she's under control." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"You know she's not one to be controlled." Vox leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "She's always been a wild card, Lucifer. You can't just turn her into some obedient little pet."

Lucifer chuckled softly. "Of course she is. But with the right motivation and some... guidance, even the wildest can be tamed."

Vox shook his head, unconvinced. "As much as I respect your skills, Lucifer, I don't think that will work on her." He got up, walking over to the window to look out. "She's always been one step ahead of everyone. Even when she was with us before the fallout we had with Frankie she never truly belonged." He sighed heavily, turning around to face Lucifer again."She's always been a lone wolf, Lucifer. If you try to tame her, she'll only grow restless and chaotic. It's better to let her be free, as long as she doesn't cause too much trouble."