22

Vox sat quietly, waiting for Lex to arrive. He looked up as he heard the door open behind him, his heart pounding as he turned around to face her, his eyes scanning over her for any signs of hurt, physical or otherwise.

Lex silently crossed his office. Sitting on his lap, she curled herself into his open arms lying her head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

He let out a sigh of relief, holding her close as he gently ran his fingers through her hair. He gently tilted her chin up to meet his gaze, his eyes soft as he looked at her, he leaned in to gently kiss her, pouring all the love he felt for her into it. “I was so worried about you.” He whispered, his voice thick with emotion. He took a deep breath as he pulled her close letting himself get lost in the moment.

“I understand if you’re upset with me.” Lex sighed, “I had to at least see what he wanted.”

“I know you did.......But I couldn’t help but feel a bit... jealous.” Vox admitted, his voice low.

“It wasn’t just about sex, it was about the fact that Alastor had a choice, and he always chooses himself over anyone else.” Lex sighed as tears ran down her cheeks, “He’s still just as emotionally unavailable as he always was...... I can’t deal with that anymore.”

Vox pulled her closer trying his best to soothe her in any way he could, his heart breaking as she cried. He understood her pain even if he was never good at words to help in a situation like this. He would just be here for her, give her his warmth, his presence, his love. “I love you, Lex.” He whispered, brushing his thumb over her cheek as he tried to wipe away her tears.”I know I can’t replace the bond you had with Alastor all those years, but I will always do everything in my power to make sure you are happy, loved, and safe. I would never hurt you on purpose,” he paused for a moment before continuing, “You are my whole world Lex.”

Lex softly kissed his neck, “I’m yours.... I’ll protect you with my life.” She sat up and looked in his eyes, “Do you want the same deal as I had with Frankie or do you want my soul?”

“I just want you, Lex. I don’t need any deals or your soul. I trust you with my life and my heart. Vox gently caressed her cheek and looked deep into her eyes, “Be with me, not because of some deal or obligation, but because you want to be with me.”

“We at least need to set the terms of my service to the Vees.” Lex smiled, “There needs to be a distinct separation between me being an enforcer and my personal life, the same as my contract with the studio.”

“That’s a fair request....... I will make sure that your duties as an enforcer will not interfere with your personal life, just like how your career has its own boundaries.” He smiled back at her as he sent a quick email to his assistant, relieved to see her starting to calm down.  “I’ll have Elliott draw up the terms of your service so we both can review them and make any necessary adjustments. I want you to feel comfortable with this arrangement, and I don’t want you to have any regrets.”

“Thank you, that means a lot to me. I trust you to do the right thing and make sure everything is fair for both of us.” Lex said, feeling grateful for his understanding and support. She leaned in and kissed him gently, “I do love you Voxy..... I never stopped loving you.”

Vox was taken aback by her sudden confession. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer, “I’m glad to hear that, Lex. I never stopped loving you either.” He gently caressed her back, enjoying the warmth of her body against his.

“Does Val have you scheduled to shoot at the studio today?”

Lex sighed, “Yes, actually. I’m supposed to be there by 1pm for a scene with the new guy. It shouldn’t take too long, just a couple of hours at most.”