Chapter Three:Mariam Tate Inquisitions...?

"He who does not trust enough will not be trusted."

-Lao Tzu
********************************

Alex's POV

"Your mate is Alpha Nicolai? The Alpha Nicolai Sharpe?" mum asked even though I practically said that less than a minute ago.

"Yes mum. The Alpha Nicolai Sharpe, Alpha of Bloodhound Pack. His pack attacked us last night and-"

"Yeah, I get it" I was currently in my mum's office at the pack hospital. And if you are wondering why I am not in school, well I had to take extra classes and assignments since I was training to be pack doctor after mum retired so I kind of graduated earlier than my friends.

"So why are you still here and not with him?"

"Isn't that obvious? He doesn't want a mate or maybe it is just me he doesn't want as a mate."

"Did he say that in simple plain words? Or did he reject you?" mum inquired.

"No and no. I might have annoyed him and he left" I said shifting from one foot to the other. I really hate the Mariam Tate inquisitions. You can never seem to get out of anything without going into details.

"And if I may ask, when did you see him and what did you do?" Damn, I walked straight into that one.

Oh boy. You plunged head on into that one. My wolf reiterated and I was a bit taken aback because she had been giving me the silent treatment for so many hours.

"Um...I.."

"Less stuttering more talking missy" mum said more fiercely.

"Around four or five this morning. I went for a walk and he appeared out of nowhere and slung me over his shoulder." I paused and fixed my gaze on the floor.

"So, when will I hear the part about you annoying and making him angry?"

"Uh...right! He referred to me using terms of endearment and when I called him using his Alpha title, he asked to be called either Nicolai or any term of endearment"

"And what endearment did you use for him?"

"Killer" mum was quiet for a moment before I broke the silence once again.

"When I said, that he got angry and told me I knew next to nothing about him, and left. He just left me mum" I didn't like how my voice cracked at the end but I couldnt help it. Alpha Nicolai had left me for the second time.

"He is right. I am fully aware that his actions haven't been good in every sense of the word but you should not judge a book by its cover." I sighed and slumped my shoulders.

"You need to apologize to him and then we see where we go from there." mum said. Glancing at her watch, she shot out of her chair.

"Lunch break is over, gotta go"

"Thanks mum" I hugged her then headed out to the woods. The wolves on patrol weren't very many because of last nights attack. Some warriors were dead and others were severely wounded. But yet still, the younger wolves were patrolling the borders. A shot ceremony would be held for the deceased in the evening.

As I walked by the guys, they either muttered a "hello" or a "hi. I waved them and made by way to the clearing where Nicolai and I had talked earlier this morning.

My wolf was excited by the idea of meeting our mate again and if I was being truthful so was I. I had only met him for less than twenty-four hours and I was already missing his presence and his enchanting smell. I was longing to see his perfectly sculpted body.

Thought you did not like him so why are you thinking about his qualities? My wolf whispered, smirking. How I wish I could wipe that smirk off her face.

This mate pull is something!

A growl from ahead of me drove me back to reality. The large grey wolf lunged at me and before I knew what was happening, my vision blared. And all I could see was darkness. Complete darkness.

Later that day....

I woke up feeling disoriented and feeling hollow. I could not feel my wolf inside me and whatever I was drugged with was the cause of that. The room I was in was completely dark, like the darkness I was engulfed in before I woke up. I tried to straighten my limps but I couldnt. I just winced in pain.

I was chained to the wall in silver handcuffs. The sting and pain I felt was overwhelming. My clothes were torn and the first thought I got was that I had been defiled. Tears stung my eyes as I thought about me losing my prized possession to a total stranger who abducted me and I felt the tears finally slide down my face.

And what could I have done to this unknown person to deserve this.

"Alexandria Marie Tate." the voice said as if weighing my name.

"What a nice name for a girl such as yourself." I tried moving back but that made the silver burn into my skin and I heard the same voice chuckle.

I was hurting and this piece of scum was laughing right in my face. How noble of him!

"Why don't you man up and show that face of yours?" my voice was hoarse and my throat burned but I was not going to let him get to me. At least not until I was rescued from this delusional wolf. A guy of about 5,9 came out of the shadows. He was only in shorts.

"Rumor has it that you are the lucky lady whose mate is no other than Alpha Nicolai Sharpe"

Why didn't I see this coming? Of course!

"Rumor also has it that Alpha Nicolai Sharpe will kill anyone and anything that crosses his path" I fired back.

"And in your opinion who or what is crossing his path?" he asked with a smirk.

"A delusional wolf who is about 5'9 and is wearing just shorts and oh right, he is standing in front of me now" I answered. Anger flashed in his eyes and it was confirmed when he slapped me, but from the excruciating pain in my cheek I would say punched me fits the action perfectly.

He grabbed my silver chained hands and pressed the cuffs against my flesh. My skin was on fire and I whimpered as so did my wolf but what surprised me was that my abductor did not wince or show any sign of pain when he came to contact with the silver. He only laughed at the look of incredulity on may face.

"You should see your face. I am not a were wolf if you are wondering" That explains why he didn't flinch when he touched the handcuffs.

"So, then I am really in the presence of the Luna to be of the Bloodhound Pack."

"What at all do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything from you other than to get back at that beast of a wolf" My life was okay before this- finding out that Alpha Nicolai is my soul mate. Now I would be the bridge between Nicolai and his enemies.

"So where is the wolf that pounced on me?"

"That is for me to know and for you to find out." I huffed and let out a low growl that earned yet another chuckle from my abductor and me wincing in pain.

"Get some more rest because you are not on vacation and I can't promise you a nice stay here." He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

When he pulled back, I did the only thing I thought appropriate considering I couldn't do anything with my hands. I spat in his face. His face contorted into a frown and he pounced on me.

He hit me over and over again. I cried out for him to stop but he wouldnt. Instead, he just intensified his blows. After a while I could no longer shout and just laid there as he used me as his punching bag- landing blow after blow on every part of my body.

My wolf recoiled further away the more he hit me and I could feel the silver cuffs burning my skin more than ever. I laid on the floor as he continuously threw punch after punch against my flesh.

It wasn't long before I was plunged back into welcomed darkness and oblivion.