Chapter 2

Percy's Point of view

After we arrived in the throne room I still didn't know what my dad was planning. I guessed that the other gods would probably be coming so I worked on getting my emotions under control. 

I heard my dad bang his trident on the floor and then all the other Olympians arrived and sat on their thrones.  I sat in the center of the room on the floor. I still didn't have the slightest idea about why my dad had brought me here in the first place, I mean what were the other gods going to do for me? most of them hated me.

Drama queen, oops I mean Zeus said: "Brother why have you called this meeting?" 

My dad responded, "I called this meeting because I believe that my son deserves to be rewarded for all he has done for us."

He continued speaking. "Zeus, he retrieved your master bolt and freed your daughter." 

" He led his fellow demigods against Father's forces while you all fought Typhon and I fought Oceanus."

 "He went through much pain to ensure Hera's plan to defeat Gaea succeeded." 

" He helped to end the feud between Greeks and Romans."

 "He saved Athena's daughter numerous times, he even fell into Tartarus with her when he could have just let her fall."

"He doesn't think that Demeter and Aphrodite's children are weak he believes they are  heroes just like any other demigod."

 "He respects Hestia and Hades as powerful Olympians." 

"He saved Artemis from Atlas and he is the only male demigod that she respects and trusts."

"He told everyone that Aphrodite's daughter and Hermes' son were heroes even though they helped the Titans." 

"He retrieved Hades' helm of darkness, and brought honour to him and his children."

  "He saved Ares' daughter from Polyphemus and gave her all the credit for getting the Golden Fleece, and he also helped her retrieved his chariot."

  "He was partially responsible for Apollo getting a new oracle."

  "He almost got killed while doing a favour for Hephaestus at Mount Saint Helens and he remembers his son as one of the greatest heroes."

  "He retrieved Hermes' caduceus, And he took care of Dionysus's son Pollux after he lost Castor."

My dad continued, he said, "My son has done far more for us than any other hero has. Even Heracles never did as much as he has. He has defeated the Minotaur, Kronos, Medusa, Polybotes, the furies and many others."

The gods were all shocked, and so was I, I knew that what he said was technically true but I didn't want to take all the credit, most of the time I had friends helping me.  "Why are you telling us this?" Zeus asked.  

My father answered, "I believe my son deserves a reward for all he has done for us, The last time we offered this to him he refused, however, I believe that this time he  will accept. I think we should make my son Perseus a god, and not just a minor god, I believe we should make him the fifteenth Olympian."

  I was shocked, for the second time today. This is what my dad had been planning all along.   Even with everything my dad had said about me I didn't know if the other gods would agree to it. I mean I had refused immortality once already, and I don't suppose Zeus was too eager to make the offer again. And even then I would have just been a minor god, not an Olympian. Not only that but several of the gods would rather kill me. Not make me their equal.

After my dad finished speaking all the other Olympians started yelling and asking questions at once,  I was thinking about  if the other gods agreed to my dad's idea what would I do? Would I accept and become an Olympian?  Or would I stay mortal?  I was pretty sure that I couldn't stay at either camp anymore they would just remind me of what I had lost. It would hurt too many people if I stayed mortal and later killed myself. Becoming a god could be a new start for me I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do.