Chapter 38

Percy's point of view

After I saw that it was Ares who had barged in, he started ranting and going on about how Christina was his daughter not mine and how I didn't have the right to adopt her. I responded by saying that I had every right to adopt her and that if he hadn't wanted me to adopt her he should have gotten her to camp and claimed her while he had the chance. At this point I was angry so now it was my turn to yell at him. I yelled, "Ares we gave you a chance to claim her, and what did you do? You pretended that she didn't even exist! I adopted her because I wanted  her to have a parent who actually cares about her since her mother was murdered by her stepfather!"   

We continued to argue until I got the feeling Ares wanted to get violent, I was right as he lunged at me I stepped out of the way and Ares faceplanted on the floor. Ares got back up and kept throwing punches at me which I dodged. While Ares was throwing punches I was backing toward the door leading him outside since I would rather not have to fix anything in my palace. Once we were outside Ares came at me swinging. Hand to hand combat had never really been one of my strengths so I was a bit concerned about this.

Clarisse always used to beat me every time, now I am fighting her dad, yeah I didn't really have high hopes for this fight. I decided that my best option was to force Ares to use his sword. Then I might have a chance of beating him. I figured that Ares just wanted to beat me and that he didn't really care how he did it. He lunged at me again and we ended up rolling on the ground. I doused him with water and his grip on me loosened I stood up and riptide appeared in my hand.

I guess I should explain some of the changes that were made to it. It no longer shrinks into the form of a pen, but it will appear in my hand whenever I need it. The blade had been strengthened to accommodate being used by a god; I could now use it to call a council meeting. Anyway Ares got to his feet and his sword appeared in his hand and he came at me swinging his sword. I watched Ares closely predicting what he would do. I ducked dodged or parried Are's attacks, but I wanted to get this over with so I went on offense.

 the move I used, I honestly have no idea where it came from it wasn't Greek or Roman, I don't remember ever using it before or even learning it for that matter. But to be honest I didn't think about it too much because Ares wasn't expecting it and that allowed me to land a hit on him. After that it didn't take me long to deal with him. As I had the last time we fought I hit him in the head with my sword butt knocking him out cold. 

I quickly got Apollo and he asked me what happened I quickly told him that Ares had been angry over my adopting Christina and that he had started a fight with me and I had beaten him again. Not long after this I went to my next lesson with Apollo.

Christina's point of view

After the sword class I was still stunned that I had disarmed one of the most experienced demigods in the camp but after I thought about it I remembered that both Chiron and Percy had said that one of Percy's domains was swordsmanship so I suppose that could be why I am so good with a sword even before I have been taught how to use one. I went through the rest of my activities for the day which included canoing, archery, which I wasn't very good at and arts and crafts.

The few things I had when I arrived at camp were moved to Percy's cabin. Apparently the cabin had only been finished a couple days ago. At every meal I would sacrifice food to Percy; I wanted to let him know that I was grateful that he had adopted me. I t was good to know that there was someone that cared about me and would help me when he could.

At the campfire one of the other campers requested that Chiron tell Percy's story. As he did I listened intently since Percy hadn't said much about his past and I was curious since the campers had indicated that Percy was a great hero, and I knew that the gods wouldn't make just anyone a god much less an Olympian.

I went to bed in my new cabin and I slept peacefully until the dream started, I dreamed that I was standing in my room in our old house it could have been any day in the last year, but I knew exactly what I was dreaming about when I once again heard the gunshot. When I heard the gun go off I woke with a start. After the dream I found I couldn't get back to sleep so I walked out of my cabin and headed for the beach

I knew by going to the beach I was breaking curfew but at the moment I didn't care. I sat down not far from the water's edge, I was sure that it was the middle of the night, but after the dream I couldn't see to get back to sleep. I just sat there staring out at the water thinking about everything that had happened to me in such a short time.

First my mother was murdered, then I ran away from home, then I lived on the streets for two weeks before Percy showed up to help me and brought me here after telling me that the Greek gods still existed and that one of them is my father. On top of all that I spent the last three days getting used to camp life and hoping my father would claim me.

When he didn't I started to worry if he knew about me or that he just didn't care. But then Percy had offered to adopt me. I knew that I had made the right choice in accepting his offer, it was obvious that since he hadn't claimed me when he had the chance my birth father didn't care about me, and Percy had done nothing but help me. He was so nice, everyone at camp went on and on about his achievements, how he was the hero of two wars and all the monsters he had defeated.

I was lost in thought so a barely noticed two people appearing out of nowhere off to my left. I stood up to get a better look at these people. From past experience, which wasn't much I had to guess that one of these people is a god. One of them was a man and the other was a woman, judging by the rings on their fingers and the fact that they were holding hands I would guess that are married. The man had black hair and green eyes, in a way he reminded me of Percy. The woman had brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. Ever since Percy had brought me to camp I had been trying to learn as much as I could about the Greek gods, monsters and basically everything else I would need to know. So now that these two people had appeared I was trying to figure out who they were. They were both smiling at me kindly so I was pretty sure that they weren't going to hurt me. After I thought about it for a minute I decided that there was only one god that this man could be.