Chapter 14

Percy's point of view

When I arrived at my mom's apartment I went right in, I found her in the kitchen. When she saw me she said, "Percy what are you doing here? Isn't this the winter solstice?" 

I said, "Yes it is Mom. I came to get you, we were just about to vote on whether or not to make you immortal, but obviously we need you there first." 

I could tell that she was nervous, so I used my powers from Hestia to give her hope. After I did that I said, "Dad has enough of the gods on his side, I'm sure they will agree."

 I could tell that she was still a little nervous, but we didn't have all day, so I said, "hold on to my arm."  

She did as I asked and we teleported back to Olympus.  When we got there I noticed that My dad and Hestia were glaring at Annabeth I wasn't surprised that my dad was glaring at her but Hestia, she usually stays out of arguments, and never yells glares, or shows any kind of anger for that matter.    Most of the demigods were also glaring at Annabeth.

While I was noticing this my mom's eyes scanned the room trying to take it all in.  I spoke I asked, "What did I miss?"

 I glanced at my dad and he gave me a tell you later look.   Then Zeus cleared his throat and said, "It was just a discussion." 

 I knew perfectly well that it wasn't but I let it go.

   Zeus continued, he said, "now that you have brought your mother we can continue, Return to your throne."

 I shook my head. I said, "No I want to stay with her." 

Zeus looked like he was going to protest, but Hera somehow calmed him down.  He said, "Very well stay with her."

  My mom and dad shared a loving glance, obviously, Aphrodite noticed, because she started squealing again.  Most of us ignored her.   I glanced at the demigods I noticed that Piper had a look on her face that made me think that she was thinking  Is that really my mother? 

Zeus spoke again "Sally Jackson you have been brought here because Poseidon wants the counsel's agreement to make you his immortal wife."

 Then my dad spoke, he said, "all in favour of Making Sally Jackson immortal."

The only gods that didn't raise their hands were Zeus, Ares, Dionysus, and Artemis. Dionysus was asleep with a wine magazine over his head, which wasn't really a surprise.  

 "The council agrees," Zeus said, definitely not happy about it. 

"Sally Jackson you have gained the honour of being immortal!"

Thunder shook the throne room. Zeus said, "Sally Jackson step forward."

 before my mom could say or do anything I spoke. I said, "Lord Zeus I want to be the one to make her immortal, she is my mother after all."

My dad was looking at me pleased. Meanwhile, the demigods looked shocked all over again, they were even more surprised when Zeus hesitated but agreed.    The demigods were staring at me wide-eyed, but I wasn't paying much attention to them. I gently put my hand on my mom's forehead and began to chant, as I continued to chant my mom was surrounded by gold and sea green light that the demigods had to look away from, heck even  Chiron had to look away. I mentally grinned when Annabeth was too shocked to cover her eyes and her new boyfriend had to do it for her while shutting his own eyes. 

When I finished I heard gasps throughout the room.  My mom looked like she was in her early twenties, not one grey streak in her hair and her eyes were sparkling. My dad's eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open, I stifled a laugh at his expression. Zeus cleared his throat.  He said, "now that we are finished with this we have other things to attend to. Perseus return to your throne and take your mother with you."

   I lead my mom over to my throne I made a chair appear for her beside my throne. My  mom looked at me gratefully and sat down.  I grew to full height and sat down on my throne.   Just after I had sat down Zeus said, "Demigods step forward." 

All the demigods stepped forward and bowed to him. I couldn't help but wonder what he was up to, I hadn't heard about anything  that would require the demigods to do anything besides watching the meeting. I didn't know what Zeus was planning, but obviously, I would find out soon enough.