Chapter 35

Percy's point of view

After the campfire, I said goodbye to Christina and told her that I would be back soon. The next morning I went to the throne room and tapped the newly modified riptide against the floor to summon the council. I waited as the rest of the council arrived after everyone was there I sent a glare toward Ares but I looked away when Zeus asked, "Why did you call this meeting nephew?"

So I got right to the point and said, "I called this meeting because the agreement we made after The Second Titan War has been broken." 

The room broke into arguments, everyone accusing each other until I said, "Enough! I already know who broke it I called this meeting to decide what to do next."

 After I said that I explained what had happened the day before, hearing Christina's prayer, going to help her, explaining to her about her parentage, taking her to camp and then staying until after the campfire to see if she would get claimed. I explained that she hadn't yet been claimed. When I said that I glared at Ares again. That didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the council so most of them figured out Christina's parentage. After this I told them my idea of what to do next, I had thought of it yesterday while I was at Camp Half-Blood.

I suggested that we give Ares three more days to claim her and if he decided to continue acting like she didn't exist I would ask her if she wanted me to adopt her if she agreed I would adopt her and make her my daughter. I had always wanted kids, I mean I had dreamed of it while I was with Annabeth but now I had kind of shoved the idea aside. Now that I am a god I don't really want a kid to have to go through a difficult life like the one I had, but Christina would be a demigod whether I adopted her or not so I had no problem with this idea.

I just want her to have a parent who cares about her and knowing Ares he will most likely continue pretending that she doesn't exist. If I don't adopt her I suspect the only parent like figures she might have could be Chiron and maybe the older campers. Through most of the meeting I glared at Ares but when it came time to vote on whether to use my plan or not Ares was the only one opposed to it, and Dionysus had fallen asleep yet again.

When Zeus ended the meeting almost everyone left. My dad walked over to me and I turned toward him. He said, "Percy, I hope you realize what you are getting yourself into with this plan of yours."

 I looked at him I was pretty sure I knew what he meant but I let him explain, he said, "you know that when you adopt this girl you will care for her and since she is mortal you will eventually lose her." 

I sighed and said, "I know Dad but I think that I will care about her whether I adopt her or not, so I will lose her either way. I believe that while she is here she deserves to have a parent that actually cares about her. Her mother was murdered by her stepfather after that happened she ran away from home. When I got to her she was being chased by hellhounds. I'm pretty sure her current father doesn't care about her since she should've been at camp and claimed already." 

As I was saying this I shot one last glare at Ares before he left. After he left my dad said, "I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just warning you of what you will have to go through if you go through with this plan." 

Not long after this, my dad left as well. I went back to my palace and iris messaged Chiron and told him the results of the meeting. I'm not sure what he thought of my plan but he didn't really say much he just agreed to let me know if Ares claimed her.

The rest of that day was uneventful I paid a brief visit to Camp, had another lesson with Apollo, and then I used the special mirror that was in my living room. At first, I had assumed that it was just a normal mirror and was there for decoration but I found out that it could be used to watch over demigods. I was currently using it to keep an eye on Zach since he wasn't doing anything unusual I let the image fade. I also fulfilled my other godly duties.

The next day was much the same except I paid a brief visit to Camp Jupiter to see how Reyna's powers were progressing and of course to see my friends. I also heard nothing from Chiron so Christina had not yet been claimed. At this point, I was pretty sure that I would end up adopting her since it seemed like Ares didn't care about her. This fact only increased my hate toward Ares, my dad may be right Ares and I may end up being rivals.

It might even be safe to say that we already are. I mean he opposes every one of my plans that I suggest to the council. Most of the time he's glaring at me and we have already fought twice, once before I accepted godhood and once since. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenges me again.

The third day is bound to be more eventful since it is the day that we will be revealing Piper. During my visits to Camp Half Blood I had heard campers wondering where she went, a couple of campers even asked me if I knew where she was and I tried to lie convincingly.

We decided that like Apollo and myself Piper's name would be the same for both forms. Even though we were both living on Olympus we didn't see each other that much. I would see her at meetings but the rest of the time we both had training and our duties to deal with and in my case I had Amber. Amber and I saw each other as often as we could. It would soon be a month since I had met her and I was planning on doing something special for her, I'm just not sure what yet. I am thinking of taking her somewhere no ordinary guy could. For instance taking her somewhere she had always wanted to travel to. I know that if I do that she would just say that I had done too much and that it wasn't necessary but I want to show her how much I care for her.