Chapter 32

Percy's point of view

Two days later my palace was completed. It was amazing. It is surrounded by metal fencing, but that didn't make it seem creepy, because the fencing was gold, not as bright as Apollo's shade of gold but still bright. After you go through the gates there was a walkway made of sea stone which lead to the palace itself. Around the outside of the palace there were a couple of fountains along with a statue of a Pegasus.

I noticed another smaller building that was behind my palace and realized that it was a stable for pegasi where I found Blackjack and Porkpike. I spoke to Blackjack and Porkpike for a minute and gave them some sugar cubes. Then I went to explore my palace. The front door had an image of crossed swords on it, when I went inside I was in a large room there were pictures on the walls of demigods fighting various monsters, the room led to several other rooms including a living room, a kitchen, a guest room and a bathroom.

When I went upstairs there was my room, another bathroom, and a games room. Most of the décor was either sea green or gold. In my room there were pictures of me and all my best friends from before Annabeth became an idiot. The pictures were ones that didn't include her thankfully, otherwise I would be taking them down and I would have had to find something else to put in their place.

The games room had a TV and shelves full of video games, along with a ping pong table and a pool table. While I was upstairs I heard someone call my name from downstairs. I ran down the stairs to see who was here. When I got down the stairs I saw that my first visitors were my parents. My dad said that they had knocked but I hadn't heard them.

Mom wanted to see my palace so I showed them around as we walked by the games room my dad said "I guess I know what you were doing" he looked slightly amused, I just nodded it was rather obvious since the TV was still on paused in the middle of a videogame. We went back downstairs and sat in the living room and talked for a while. After they left I explored a bit more and then went to my lesson with Apollo.

Annabeth's point of view

When I had tried to talk to Percy the other day it hadn't gone well. It had quickly gone from me trying to talk to him, to him shouting at me. I can understand why he hates me now; when I had broken up with him I had been harsh. I basically dropped a bombshell on him now it had come back and exploded in my face.

I was torn on what to do next, I know that Percy basically hates me now but I still have feelings for him, I also know that I don't want to be a god's mortal fling that they will date for a while and then leave me. I want someone who will love me and marry me someone I can be with for the rest of my life. Since I am now partial immortal I could live for a long time unless I get killed in battle, but since I am a good fighter that shouldn't happen any time soon.

I wonder if the rumors that I have been hearing about Percy dating a mortal are true and if so maybe he is becoming more like the other gods arrogant and uncaring, if he is becoming like that I wouldn't want to be with him. I made up my mind, over the next few days I would go to Olympus and give the excuse that I had come to work on the renovations. But instead I would be spying on Percy.

Percy's point of view

After my lesson with Apollo ended I was heading back to my palace when I heard someone call my name. I turned in the direction the voice was coming from and I Was slightly surprised to see that it was Athena who had called my name. When she walked over to me she said, "I want to apologize for how I have treated you. I judged you because of who your father is, and because you were the child of the prophecy I feared you would cause our demise. But you have proven yourself time and time again. Annabeth was a fool to leave you, can you forgive me?"

Holy Poseidon Athena apologized! That must have taken a lot of pride swallowing. She did seem to regret misjudging me, not to mention the numerous times she has threatened me, oh yeah and that time she voted to kill me. In response to Athena I said, "I accept your apology Athena, it will take time for me to forgive you. But I'm sure I will eventually, I'm not usually one to hold a grudge."

 She nodded and said, "thank you Perseus."

Just as she was about to walk away I said, "Athena." 

she turned back around to face me again and I continued, "While I was at camp I always enjoyed practicing with my sword, it always seemed to help clear my head when there was a lot on my mind. Now I sometimes find myself getting bored. Would you train with me? I would ask Ares but you know how he and I get along."

Athena seemed to think for a minute and then she said, "Very well, you have no chance against me Perseus."

 "we'll see about that," I said. we decided that our first practice would be tomorrow. Now I understood why Athena had defended me at the winter solstice meeting. She regrets how she has treated me and she obviously wanted to make peace with me.

I headed back to my palace where I sat down. To be honest I do get kind of bored sometimes since I became a god. In the beginning there was a lot going on between lessons with Apollo, meetings and seeing Amber I was rather busy but now things have died down a bit, I still have lessons with Apollo and I am still seeing Amber, but there are fewer meetings mostly because there aren't really any problems that need to be resolved so fewer meetings are needed. Just the normally scheduled meetings are needed.

Those usually end up being what you would expect from the Olympian council, rivals arguing with each other over old grudges, the only ones who aren't doing what you would expect of them are Aphrodite and Ares. Aphrodite stares at me while Ares glares at me. As for Piper and I well we usually just sit there not saying much bored out of our minds. I was sitting in my palace when I heard a voice in my head, no I wasn't going crazy it was a demigod praying for help. It was a girl and since I am god of heroes I knew her Parentage she was a 14 year old daughter of Ares. She said "Please someone help me."

She sounded desperate and terrified, which wasn't what you would expect from a daughter of Ares so obviously she had no idea that her father is a Greek god. I guess I will have to tell her. Since I have more freedom than the other gods when it comes to the ancient laws I would be able to deal with whatever is after her.

I teleported to a spot near where she was. I didn't want to scare her any more than she already was by suddenly appearing near her. I walked over to where she was. she was being chased by three hellhounds. She didn't appear to have any weapons so that just confirmed my suspicions that she is unaware of who her father is.

Her name is Christina Johnson. By her age she should already be at camp and claimed already since the gods swore to claim their kids by the time they are thirteen. I frowned it seems that Ares is already breaking our agreement. After I help her and bring her to camp I will have to tell Zeus about this. Christina hadn't seen me yet, neither had the hellhounds. So I walked closer to where they were.

All four of them noticed me one way or another, and they whipped their heads around to see who the new arrival was. Once the Hellhounds saw me they shadow traveled away, perhaps they were afraid because I had fought them before, or maybe they sensed I was a god that just made my job easier.

When the Hellhounds disappeared Christina stopped running but she still looked nervous. When I didn't leave she turned to me, "Who are you?" she asked me sounding nervous.

 "My name's Percy." I said. "I am here to help you," I added since she still looked nervous.

 "Why would you help me?" she asked.

 "Because it's my job." I said simply.

 I knew that would sound weird to her so I said, "there's something I need to tell you but you probably want to be sitting down for this." 

Since she had been running through a park I pointed to a park bench that was nearby she went to sit down. I sat down on the other end leaving some space between us. "What do you have to tell me?" she asked confused. 

Instead of answering I asked her "How much do you know about the Greek gods?"