Chapter 40

Amber's point of view

When we reappeared I looked around to try and figure out where we were. Then my eyes fell on something that I had dreamed of seeing but until now I had only ever seen it in pictures in books or online. I said, "Is that?"

 "The Parthenon." he finished, smiling at me. I was definitely surprised I mean sure he told me he is a god and all, but I never thought he would do this for me.

I was shocked but pleased at the same time. I asked, "Can we get closer?" so most of the day was spent visiting the various historical sites in Greece. We stopped and had lunch while we were in the restaurant I noticed that Percy didn't seem to be enjoying himself as much as I was, and I wasn't sure why, I decided I would ask him later when we were alone. The day wasn't all sightseeing; I would be lying if I said that there wasn't any kissing involved.

Since I was enjoying myself the day went by too quickly for my liking but there wasn't anything I could do about it. By the end of the day I was tired but happy, as soon as we returned to New York I planned on telling him that he didn't have to do all that for me, I went along with it partially because I did enjoy it, and partially because I didn't want to sound ungrateful, and also because I was a bit concerned about him. At times he seemed to be distracted almost like he was lost in thought.

He teleported us back to my apartment building standing outside the door to my apartment, I said, "you didn't have to do all that for me."

 He gave me a quick kiss and then said, "I know that, but I love you and I knew you would enjoy It." 

Then I turned serious I said, "Percy there were a couple of times today where you didn't seem quite yourself, what's wrong?"

He sighed and then said, I'll tell you but we should probably go inside first just in case someone comes by." 

I nodded understanding that he would be revealing more information about himself and that I would have to keep it to myself. We entered my apartment and shut the door behind us. We sat down on the couch and then I looked at Percy waiting for him to explain, finally he spoke. He said, "you know how in ancient times the gods fought the titans for control of the world,"

 I nodded, he said, "Well six years ago the Titans tried to make a comeback but we defeated them." it was kind of hard to believe but I didn't figure he would lie about something like that.

He continued, he said, "Now you know how in ancient times after the gods were victorious against the titans Gaea had the giants and tried to defeat the gods." I nodded again, and then that when I realized what he was getting at. 

My eyes widened and I asked, "are you saying that after you defeated the titans this time that the giants rose again?"

 he nodded grimly and said, "Yes in order to defeat them we had to travel to the ancient lands, Rome and Greece in order to defeat them. Due to this most of my memories from Rome and Greece aren't pleasant."

I stared at him for a moment. I was honestly stunned that he took me there knowing full well that it would bring up unpleasant memories for him. Then I said what I had been thinking, "You still took me there, even when you knew it would probably bring up bad memories,"

 he said with slight amusement, "Do I have to say this again? I did it because I love you, I knew how much you would enjoy it so I would rather you enjoy yourself than save myself a little bit of pain,"

After that statement I kissed him but unlike the quick kiss he had given me earlier this one was longer and more passionate. We stayed there as the kissing got more heated but eventually I pulled away before it went too far, I wasn't quite ready to go there yet. Percy seemed to understand even though I could see slight disappointment on his face. Percy and I spoke for a while longer, kissed some more but Percy had to leave so eventually he kissed me one more time and then left leaving the faint smell of a sea breeze behind him.

Percy's point of view

My date with amber went as I had hoped it would, she really enjoyed herself which was enough to convince me that it was worth it. I had been a bit apprehensive about returning to Greece even if it was just for a day. It wasn't the places we went that caused the memories to resurface, it was just the fact that we were in Greece, and there was a constant reminder that the house of hades was here where we had come out after escaping Tartarus and leaving Bob and Damasen to be killed by Tartarus himself. I know that everyone tells me not to blame myself for the deaths of others, but I can't really help it. I guess that's just my fatal flaw, I guess it doesn't go away with godhood. I know that if you asked some of the other gods they probably wouldn't understand why I am even bothered by the death of a titan and a giant. Normally I wouldn't be but Bob and Damasen gave their lives to save me and Annabeth.

After Amber and I returned to New York we spoke in her apartment until we started kissing. I think that one or both of us must have gotten a little carried away because it was a while before Amber pulled away. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed but then again I wasn't sure if I was ready to go that far either. After I left Amber's apartment I went back to my palace.

This morning when I had gone to Tyson to see if he would make a sword for Christina I had first told him about her, somehow he hadn't heard about her yet. Then I told him about her problem. He agreed to make a sword for her in his spare time; he wasn't allowed to work on his own projects during work hours. He didn't think that it would take him too long to finish it. I had thanked him and then I had left. I figured that the next few days would be uneventful so I figured that I would have time to do some things that I wanted to do such as visiting the camps, and if anything else came up well I would take care of them.