Chapter 45

Mystery point of view

If I am going to ensure my rise I need to start now, those foolish Olympians won't know what hit them when I march on their new home with an army to destroy them. First I need to get the army, those who were recently scorned are usually the easiest to persuade. It will take time for me to attain my full power, but I can still contact suitable heroes through their dreams and persuade them to join me.

That boy who was recently banished from the Roman camp should be easy to convince. I sent the boy a message offering him power, telling him we would usurp the Olympians and start over. It would be the start of a new era. The boy wasn't hard to convince, he already hated the gods, and he had been banished from the camp for attacking one of them. As long as he can follow orders the boy should be perfect.

I may also be able to recruit that daughter of Athena who recently left the Greek camp after her friends had turned on her. I sent her a message and made an effort to persuade her to join me. I finally convinced her after I promised to make her immortal, and that she would have Perseus Jackson to herself. I would rather kill that particular hero but I will let him live for the sake of having that girl on my side instead of theirs.

Percy's point of view

Reluctantly I looked to see if I could locate Annabeth. I should have been able to find her easily but it was like something was shielding her from me. I couldn't find her at all it was like she had disappeared off the face of the earth. The next time I went to check on Zach he was also hidden from me somehow. This worries me, there is no way the demigods could have hidden themselves from me so someone must be helping them. The only ones that could have hidden them were gods, titans or primordials.

I couldn't think of any of the gods who would want either of the demigods to be hidden from the rest of us. As far as I knew all the titans were either in Tartarus, in hiding, imprisoned or free, and I didn't think that any of the free ones would have any reason to hide the demigods from us. As for primordials well, I don't know that much. Ouranos was defeated by Kronos in ancient times, Nyx and Tartarus usually stayed in Tartarus. As for the others, Gaea was out of the way since she had been defeated in a similar way to her husband. I didn't know that much about the others but I didn't think that they would have any reason to hide the demigods from us.

At the next council meeting, Zeus asked if I was able to locate Annabeth, I explained that I should have been able to but it was like someone was shielding her from me. I also explained that Zach had also been shielded from me. Everyone else came to the same conclusion I had, that it couldn't have been one of us who was hiding them. I think we were all wondering the same thing; do we have another war on our hands?

Over the next few weeks I continued to see Amber, also I tried numerous times to find out what had happened to Zach and Annabeth but they remained hidden from me. Normally I wouldn't have cared what happened to Annabeth but if we had another enemy on our hands I wanted to know. I was hoping that she hadn't sided with them but considering how she had been acting recently I wouldn't put it beyond her. Not only that but I didn't really trust Zach and I wouldn't be surprised if he had sided with one of our enemies too.

Tonight I would be seeing Amber again but until then I went through my regular routine which usually consists of- council meetings, training with Apollo, on some days a training session with Athena, and if I feel like it a visit to one or both of the camps. When I got through all of that I went to see Amber. When I got there she looked happy to see me, but I could see another emotion on her face as well. When I thought about it I wasn't sure but I thought it looked like worry. I wasn't sure what she could be worried about, but I figured that if she wanted to talk about it she would bring it up on her own.