Chapter 31

Reyna's point of view

When Percy walked back into the principia after we had dealt with Zach I put a calm expression on my face, but he must have known how I am really felling because he tried to make me feel better. What he said didn't really help since Zach would most likely be killed for his crimes. I was stunned when he said that he wanted to give Zach a second chance, we both knew that he couldn't have killed Percy but the fact that he would attack a god without any provocation was unforgivable so he would have to be punished.

I argued that I didn't think that Zach would change, but I couldn't sway him and I thought it best not to anger him, he is a god now after all. I commented that godhood hadn't changed him much Personality wise, he seemed much like he always had just a bit more serious and he had no problem with people calling him Lord Perseus. That could be a change that came with godhood or it could just be his Roman form.

He must have known that I was still wondering how Zach could have done such a thing, because he said, "I'm curious, have you tried any of your new powers yet?"

 "No," I admitted, "between trying to figure out who attacked you and my regular routine, I have been pretty busy," 

He nodded understanding then said, "why don't you try them now while I'm here to help you out?"

I was kind of confused I asked, "aren't you bound by the ancient laws, how can you teach me?"

 he said, "Since I'm god of Heroes I have a bit more freedom than the other gods when it comes to demigods." 

I nodded understanding. I agreed to let him help me out; he started explaining what powers he thought that I  would probably have. He said, "I would guess that due to the fact that I have two sea related domains you will probably have some of the same powers that I had as a demigod, for example controlling water."

I guess that makes sense, he continued speaking, "I would guess that you would also have some control over time."

 My eyes widened but it made sense, time is his main domain. He was still talking he said, "I am trusting you not to abuse these powers." I nodded he continued "You will probably have greater skill with a sword. I can't say for sure but you may also have some powers from my loyalty and heroes domains, and If you do I am trusting you not to abuse those either."

He said, "So let's get started," he was smiling I walked over to where he was standing he put his hand on my arm and we vanished from the Principia, we reappeared beside the lake that the Little Tiber flows into. I realized that he had teleported us here. "You could have warned me," I complained.

 he said, "Sorry but it was the fastest way to get here, besides if we had walked we probably would have been mobbed by half the camp," 

I said, "fine just warn me next time."

 He said, "I will,"

Then he demonstrated some of the things that he thought I should be able to do and then told me what to do and I tried it, he made it look easy, but then again he's a god. I am sure it would have been much harder if I hadn't had so many years of legion training. He warned me that using the powers over time would tire me quicker than anything else, so I shouldn't use them for too long. Let's just say that by the time we finished I was doing pretty well, considering I had never really had any special powers to help me in battle.

Percy's point of view

Reyna figured out her powers quickly for someone who had relied on skill with a weapon for her entire life until now. She did have powers over water, along with some power over time. When we finished I left. Over the next few days I didn't do that much, I went to see Amber, and stayed at my dad's palace most of the time. Three days after my visit to camp Jupiter Zach was banished for five years, after the five years had passed if he had changed his ways he might be allowed back to the camp.

I think my dad caused a hurricane somewhere when he heard about that but Mom and I managed to calm him down. I think my dad and most of the other gods were secretly hoping that Zach would get taken out by a monster before his five years are up. I decided that I would keep an eye on Zach just to be safe.

After we had got my dad calmed down I headed back to my dad's palace I teleported back to Olympus and then I walked to Dad's palace I walked past the site where my palace was under construction it wasn't done yet but judging by what was done already it would be impressive.

Just as I was nearing my dad's palace I saw a familiar head of curly blonde hair. I knew without a doubt that it was Annabeth. I wondered what she could want, the only thing I can think of is that she has come to her senses and now she wants to get back with me. I thought about leaving but that would just be delaying the inevitable.

I have to deal with her sooner or later or she will just keep coming back. I might as well get this over with. I said, "What are you doing here Annabeth," 

when she turned to look at me she looked nervous, wonder why, probably because she is facing an irritated god who also happens to be her ex. She said, "Seaweed brain" 

I said furiously, "don't even start Annabeth, its Lord Perseus to you." 

 She broke down, she said, "I 'm so sorry Percy." 

"don't waste your time Annabeth, I can't forgive you, you broke my heart, and there is no way we are getting back together. She ran off she might have been crying but honestly I didn't care. Unfortunately we had created a bit of a scene so I would be the subject of Olympus gossip once again. I walked into my dad's palace and didn't do much else that day.