Chapter 6

Poseidon's point of view

We were sitting through yet another meeting, we had decided that we would reveal Percy to Camp Half-Blood when they came for the winter solstice meeting in two weeks. I was trying to imagine the Athena spawn's reaction to Percy while tuning out Athena yelling at me when Zeus said,  "we will reveal Perseus to camp Jupiter the same day."

I glanced over at Percy he seemed to be paying attention but he also looked bored, I couldn't really blame him these meetings can be boring. Apollo had been teaching him about being a god and his powers. I thought back to the day that he had told me about the Athena spawn breaking up with him. When he started crying as he told me what happened I already knew that Percy hardly ever cried so I so I knew just how much the Athena spawn had hurt him.  When he managed to explain and that he wanted to die I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't lose my favourite son to an Athena spawn.

I got the idea to make him an Olympian. I figured my brother would be reluctant to do so especially since Percy had been offered immortality once before and he had refused.  I suspected that his main reason for refusing other than wanting to help the minor gods, as well as the other demigods, had been the daughter of Athena. So now I suspected that there was no reason for him to refuse, the daughter of Athena had left him so the only things he had left tying him to the mortal world were Sally and the friends that he still had at the two camps.  I was quite pleased that he had accepted. The hardest part of being a god was having to watch your demigod children die whether it's from illness, monsters, or natural causes. I realize that Percy may or may not have to go through that in the future. but if he does I don't suppose that it will happen for quite a few years.

I returned my attention to the meeting when I heard Zeus say that the meeting had come to an end.  After most of the gods left it was just me and Percy left in the throne room. Percy walked over to me he asked, "have you told Tyson about all this?"

  I knew what he meant; he was asking if I had told Tyson about Percy being made a god.  I answered, "No I haven't we have been rather busy with you."

 I smiled at him he smiled back, I was pleased that he didn't seem to be as depressed as he had been the other day, but then again ever since he had been made a god he was rather busy so he had a lot of things to keep his mind off her. Percy said, "I might stop by later and tell him myself, but I think I will go see mom first."

  I nodded, we would have to let sally know sooner or later, if Chiron had told her that Percy had left camp Half-Blood, she would be getting worried about him.  We both turned preparing to leave.

Percy's point of view

My dad and I teleported out of the throne room, He was headed to his palace while I went to my mom's apartment.  I knocked on the door as soon as my mom opened the door I knew that there was something wrong because she had a sad expression on her face.  She said, "Hello who are you?" 

Let me tell you that it stung a bit to have my own mom not recognize me.I mean I realize that my appearance and voice had changed, but I didn't think that I had changed so much that my mother wouldn't recognize me.  I said "Mom," 

  she said, "Percy!" she was obviously surprised.  

I asked, "Mom what's wrong?" 

She said, "Paul died two weeks ago in a car crash." 

it was my turn to be shocked. I asked, "why didn't you tell me sooner!" 

she answered, "You were having so much fun at camp; I didn't want to upset you."  

Then she asked, "why do you look so different?"

 I answered, "Let's go inside explaining might take a while."