Chapter 18

Percy's Point of view

After we left camp Jupiter I dropped mom off at my dad's Undersea Palace, he was already there. Before I left I asked him what had happened when I had went to get my mother.  When he told me what had happened I have to admit that I was rather surprised. I wasn't surprised that my dad had threatened Annabeth, what surprised me was that both Athena and Hestia defended me as well.

I was surprised because Hestia didn't normally join arguments she was usually trying to stop them, as for Athena I knew that we got along better than we used to but I didn't think that she had completely accepted me yet.  After he explained what had happened he mentioned how I had been attacked at Camp Jupiter. I don't think he wanted to leave the search to Frank and Reyna, I think he wanted to find the person himself. Mom and I managed to calm him down and then I left. 

Until my palace was built I was staying in my dad's palace on Olympus, he had said that he didn't use it much anyway.  I sat down, I was thinking that things were changing so fast, one day I'm happy with Annabeth, the next I'm an Olympian god, and I might like another girl. 

I really wasn't sure about that part. After Annabeth broke up with me I didn't think that I would ever love anyone else, or at least not for a long time. But it seems that I am getting over her faster than I thought I would. I suppose that it is because I have been busy and haven't really had time to think about her. Between training, meetings and whatever I choose to do in my spare time. I hadn't really thought about her.

Seeing her today I was more angry than sad, I still couldn't get over her reaction to my becoming a god.   The question I am asking myself right now was, do I like Amber like that or are we just friends? I tried to convince myself that we were just friends, but the sensible part of my mind was telling me otherwise. 

For starters, I couldn't seem to say no to her. And I talked to her as often as I could. Her birthday party was only three days away; I had already told her I would go, but part of my brain was saying, stop this now you can't let yourself get too attached to her. While the other part would say go anyway you are already attached to her.   

The next day another meeting was held and it was decided that my mom and dad's wedding would be held the next day, it would be held at my father's palace. Any guests that weren't immortal would temporarily be given the ability to breathe underwater, stay dry, and not be crushed by the pressure. My mom had no family other than me, so the goddesses were asked if any of them would be willing to be her bridesmaids.

Athena agreed to be a part of the wedding, but she made it quite clear that she was only doing it for mom and not dad. "Oh me me me me!" Aphrodite said a little too enthusiastic for my tastes, I suspected that she had an ulterior motive for wanting to be there. And I wouldn't be surprised if she was hoping she could corner me and try to make a move on me.   At every meeting I had noticed her staring at me, honestly I was surprised she hadn't bothered me yet.

I often noticed Ares glaring at me during meetings as well.  Perhaps he had noticed his girlfriend was now eying me, or maybe the fact that I defeated him when I was twelve still stung a bit. No matter what it was, I was half expecting him to pick a fight with me soon.

dad chose his Groomsmen and Best man. He wanted me to be his best man; I have to admit that I was a little nervous about that.

He chose Triton, Tyson, Apollo, Hermes and Hades to be his groomsmen.  After this Hera and Aphrodite took my mom to decide the rest of her bridesmaids, and maid of honour and of course they still had to decide what her dress would look like as well as the bridesmaid dresses.