Ch. 22

(sorta long A/N at the end of this chappie but pls read it also the picture is the animal Wade is talking about at at the end)

**PETER**

It was nice to know Deadpool had friends. I still didn't understand how said friend ended up in that position by first entering his mind, but that was another story for another time. I had a feeling Wade would never stop surprising.

"Where's your boyfriend?" aunt May asked as she entered the kitchen, and I looked up from the bowl of cereal I had been staring at for the past 10 minutes, while thinking about the guy she'd just mentioned.

"Uh, home," I lied. It probably wasn't a good idea to mention that I was dating a mercenary, who was currently out doing a job for some dude whose friend owed him money or something. He did promise not to kill anyone, so I was happy to see I was infecting him with my good-guy-aura.
Y'know, just doing my job as a superhero.

"At least you're no longer denying your relationship with him," aunt May commented with a smug smile, and I ignored the blush that crept up my neck.

"You know I got nothing to hide from you, aunt May," I reassured her, and put the empty bowl in the sink. When I turned back around, she was looking at me with her hands placed on her hips, and a deep sigh left her lips.

"Nothing? Really, Peter? Then why do you never tell me where you go at night, and why you're always so bruised up?"

Ah, didn't get away that easilly, did I? After all these days without her mentioning anything, I had thought she'd might let it go. Apparantly not.

"There's nothing to worry about, I've told you that," I said, ignoring how guilty lying to her made me feel.

"If there was nothing to worry about, you would have told me long ago," she implied. True. So true that I was struggling to come up with an argument.

Luckily, I didn't have to, because in that moment my phone rang, and soon enough I was talking to Wade.

"I just realized, we've never been on a proper date!" he exclaimed on the other end, as if it was the end of the world.

"Are you hinting to something?" I questioned, smiling slightly.

"I am not hinting to anything, sir Spider, I am straight up asking you out for dinner." My smile widened at that. How come in one moment he sounded terrified because of this little thing we hadn't done yet, and suddenly he sounded like an excited child who was getting candy during the week.

"You can do better than a clichè dinner date, Wade," I commented, and he scoffed.

"Well excuse me, I just got paid and I wanted to treat my boyfriend for something nice. But if you won't have it, then get out of your house and we'll do something else."

-

So, thirty minutes later, I was in Wade's apartment, and he placed a gun in my hands.

"I am not shooting a gun," I stated, and tried to give it back to him. He simply pushed my hands away, and shook his head.

"I'm not asking you to kill someone, Peter. Just try it. It's fun." I let out a defeated sigh, not bothering to argue with him on this. He was right, it's not like I was going to hurt anyone.

"What do I shoot, then?" I asked, looking around. Wade held up a finger and ran around the apartment gathering stuff I guess I would use as targets.
Once he was done, he had lined up;
an action-figure of himself (from where?), a stuffed unicorn, a beer can, a lamp, and a mug of coffee.

"You're literally making me shoot you," I deadpanned, as I aimed for the tiny action-figure.

"Pff," Wade exclaimed. "You're not 'literally' shooting me, you're shooting a tiny plastic version of me. Now stop hesitating and pull the trigger!"

Why did he sound so excited? It was just a gun. And how did that make me find him even more adorable? Again; it was a gun. It's not cute. It's a murder weapon.

I did, finally, pull the trigger, and missed horribly. Instead of shooting little-deadpool, the bullet flew through the sofa instead. I grimaced.

"Uh, sorry," I apologized, but Wade just waved a hand.

"Don't pretend you don't see how ugly that shit is from before. Here," he said, and leaned in closer to me, wrapping his arms around me as he laid his hands over mine.

Okay, so we skipped the clichè dinner, but now we're apparantly on a golf-date.

Let's just ignore how my skin was tingling and the butterflies in my stomach were having a heavy metal concert at that moment.

"Hold your hands like this," he whispered, demonstrating it. He purposely allowed his lips to graze the skin over my neck, and I glared at him sideways as he made the hair on my body stand.

"And your right arm should be a lot straighter than that." I glanced at him with an unamused face, as he chuckled at himself.

"If you make a joke about how I'm not straight I will shoot you," I deadpanned, and looked back at the target.

"Okay, okay, just...shoot," Wade said, and I did. This time, the action-figure flew off the table, and Wade ruffled my hair.

"There we go!" he cheered.

The unicorn and the beer can went down easily, but as I shot the lamp, the bullet ricocheted and when I turned around Wade was staring at me with one eye.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, and dropped the gun. Wade just laughed, as I took his face in my hands and wiped some blood away.

"See what your stupid idea led to?!" I hissed, and dragged him with me to the couch, sitting down. He was still laughing.

"Don't worry about it Peter, it's not like it's not going to heal," he reminded me, but I just huffed out a disgruntled noise, and looked at him through my lashes.

"I still don't want to hurt you," I commented, and he finally stopped laughing. He looked at me for a moment, a weird smile playing at his lips, before he leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"I love you," he stated, and my heart stopped.

It's not like we hadn't said it before. Or had we? Never directly, like that, I suppose...and never so...honestly. The way he said it, the way he was looking at me with one honest white eye, the way he held my hand and rubbed his thumb over mine...it was as if he was shouting it at me to make sure I understood how much he meant it.

"You don't have to look like a terrified slow loris," Wade said after a while, and I blinked. How long had I been staring at him, lost in thought, exactly?

"A what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"A slow loris. You know, those adorable little things with them big ass eyes," he said. I still didn't understand where he was going, so I just shook my head and laughed softly.

"I love you, too," I mumbled.

****

Y'ELLO

Random idea; if you're interested in getting to know me a bit more, I was thinking of maybe having a lil Q&A some time in the future (whether it's on wattpad or video idk yet) would that be a thing you would want? let me know^^

and thanks for reading! :D