Chapter 8- I'm sorry

Alley's P.O.V

After we went onto the ferris wheel we went onto more rides and had the time of our lives. Jake bought me a really big Teddy bear that I fell in love with. Cliche, but I really love cuddly Teddy bears.

Hanging out with Jake alone feels really great. He is really sweet, gentle, calm and funny. He just transformed into a different person and I really liked that. He shows me a different side to him, a side that is awesome to be around.

He even bought me as many ice-creams as I favored and he never once complained about it nor showed annoyance. He actually paid for everything.

"Ready to go home?" Jake asked once we got out of the house that was supposed to be scary- it wasn't.

"Yeah. It's getting late. Can we g to the Ice-cream Palace first?" I replied.

"Yeah, sure. Anything for you princess."

We left the fair and about 25 minutes later we were at the Ice-cream Palace. The ice-cream here is really great and I really feel the need for more.

"Red Velvet cheesecake and cotton candy flavours please." I ordered. The lady just nodded and started clicking away. I was about to pay to but Jake stopped me.

"I'll pay." He said. I hesitated but he still gave the lady the money and told her to keep the change.

"You know I had money." I stated as we sit in our chosen seats.

"Yeah but I was the one who suggested hanging out." He replied casually.

"Thanks anyway. You've being so kind." I said sincerely at the same time giving him a warm smile.

"No prob. Is there anything in cotton candy that you don't like?" He asked motioning to my ice-cream with his eyes.

"Nah. Not that I know of. Not getting any?" I replied then swallowed a spoonful of the delicious creamy flavour. Hmmm.. Soooo tasty.

"Nah. Not a fan." He answers while looking at me like he's trying to read me or something. I'm not a book!

"You're boring." I said.

"Says the girl who had fun hanging out with me." He answered with a confident smirk.

"Who said I had fun?" I asked keeping straight face.

"uh- it's obvious." He said in a 'duh' tone. "So, did you?" He continued.

"No." I said keeping my face blank and not giving away the fact that I'm lying.

"You're lying." He countered.

"I'm not." I lied.

"And there you go again." He said with his usual smirk. That damn stupid smirk!

"How can you tell?" I asked curiously.

"As I said, you're easy to read." He answered with a bright smile on his face.

The stupid smirk was gone and replaced by that breathtaking smile. One minute he's smirking then the next minute his smile stops the beating of my heart. What is wrong with this guy? Or maybe I should ask what is wrong with me.?

"I knew you did. After all, I'm the amazing Jake Knight." This guy just takes cockiness to a whole new level.

"Of course. Everyone would have fun hanging out with you." I said sarcastically.

"No need to be sarcastic Ramsay. You know it's true." He replied with his old cocky smirk and long gone was that smile.

"No need to be cocky Knight. I don't like cocky." I retorted.