Chapter 39- Destined Power in full action

Alley's POV

Imagine this; you're at an abandoned desert with your family and some enemies, fighting for your life. Must be fun right?

Yeah sure, extremely fantastic. I mean, it doesn't matter if we all die here because it's not like we really have anything to live for.

For the record, I was speaking in my first language: sarcasm.

The war had been ongoing for about an hour now, give or take. Who was winning? Well that's a darn good question that even I didn't know the answer to.

So far 1/4 of both sides were down; some died, some retreated, some unconscious, or some were receiving medical attention due to severe injuries.

I couldn't afford to lose sight in a war like this and end up in one of the above mentioned conditions, so I blocked my mind from all distractions and gave it my all.

I returned my focus and vanquished a demon with the flick of my wrist.

"Alley! Watch out!" A voice screamed, from my left.

I swiftly turned around and avoided been hit with a laser as I rolled out of the way. I sung a fist at the demon as he was still recovering from shock. The fist hit him square in the nose and he howled in pain. I used the high tech watch on my hand to send back a laser at him, vanquishing him.

"Dammit!" I heard Aiden cursed. "This one is not like the others."

I ran over to assist him as I realized he was busy trying to defeat a demon. I watched as he ran a dagger through the demon over and over but nothing helped.

"Aiden, incoming!" He swiftly turned my way for a second and caught the vile of potion I flung his way.

While he was distracted for a millisecond the demon took the opportunity to knock him harshly to the ground. He gripped the potion tighter in his hand as he landed in the dirt. As the demon was about to attack once more, he flung the potion at him, ending him.

"Thanks." He quickly smiled at me. I returned his smile shortly, before changing my stance to defence.

We stood with our backs to each other as we once again launched into battle.

I got a vampire to take out this time. Well this gotta be fun.

He was pretty cute if I was being honest though.

"Hi there sweet face. Sorry, but imma have to rearrange that nice face of yours." I sassed, not sounding apologetic in the slightest way.

He bared his fangs at me and showed off his red eyes.

"Right back at you." He smirked.

Well, at least he had a slight sense of humour.

I focused as I brought my hand up, bunching it in a fist and squeezing, using my telekinesis to choke him from afar. Simultaneously, I chanted a spell as I watched him squirmed.

He dropped to the ground after a while and erupted into flames.

I didn't get to process and admire my work as I felt a sharp pain from behind. Before I could even turn around, I felt myself being choked from behind.

"Seriously?" I attempted to croak out.

I tugged on the person's hand with my own as I clawed at them, trying to free myself.

I tried kicking but suddenly my feet were held in a lock, between their legs.

Well, this was gonna hurt, but.... I slammed the back of my head into the person's forehead, hard.