Chapter 28- I love her too much to ruin her happiness

Alley's POV

"Luke no!" I squealed and ran in the opposite direction on the sand.

"Imma get you, beautiful!" He screamed, jogging to catch up with me.

Currently Luke and I were having the time of our lives at Grandel Beach. After early morning training, we ate breakfast then headed here. We have been here for the past hour and it was almost time for lunch, but we were having too much fun to care.

Today was Friday and ever since Wednesday, this has been our daily activities. I found myself spending a lot more time with him and getting to know him better.

I learnt that his full name was Lucas Patrick Richardson. He was 18 and currently an orphan due to the attack. He was always an only child and pretty much a momma's boy. I've also learned the basic stuffs about him. Like how much he loved the colour blue, his favorite food is pizza, his favourite movie being any marvel hero movie etc.

I was currently wearing a one piece white bathing suit with my sunglasses on my face.

I felt an arm snaked around my waist and landed in the sand with a oomph!

"Owww!! Lukkeeeee!" I groaned out as his huge body landed on mine.

"Sorry." He smiled sheepishly and pulled us both out of the sand, both of us laughing. I took up my glasses that had fallen off, and placed them on the top of my head.

"Let's head for a swim." I suggested and he nodded, agreeing.

We both got in the warm Beach and started splashing around and playing.

There were a lot of people out today, enjoying the beautiful weather. We later joined a group that was playing a game, using a huge Beach ball, and played with them.

I was now laying on the sand getting a tan, while Luke had gone to get us lunch from a food shack on the beach. I turned my head to the left to observe my surroundings when a familiar figure caught my eyes. Actually, two familiar figures.

I got up and walked towards them.

"Hey." I greeted once I reached where they we were talking and laughing.

"Hi." Rachel greeted with a small smile.

"Alley, hi. Didn't know you were here." Jake greeted.

"Same. Can we please talk?" I asked with hope.

"Yeah, sure." He stepped away from Rachel and we walked on the beach together.

"So I called Wednesday." I started.

"I was busy." He replied.

"Too busy for me?" I frowned.

"I called back but never got any reply for the past few days. I assumed you really did mean it with this break thing." He answered.

"I threw the phone and it broke. I haven't gotten the chance to purchase a new one as yet. Every day I'm really busy between training and all that's going on. Couldn't you at least call my sister?" I kicked the sand as my feet strolled along the beach side.

"You wanted a break. It has only been about three days and here we are, already having this conversation." He shrugged, almost nonchalantly.

"Why are you like this?" I asked instead of answering him.

"How?" I couldn't believe he was really asking me that right now.

I answered nonetheless, "Cold."

"Just making this easier for you baby girl." His tone sounded mocking and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Jake stop! This is not you! What's going on?" I halted our steps and glared up at him.