Chapter 23- Badass Broken Witch

Alley's POV

After that massive revelation I couldn't endure being in the room so I left.

"That's because Alley dear, I'm your mate."

His words echoed in my brain as I sprawled out on my bed in my room, at the pack house.

"What?" I asked.

"I felt it from the café but I didn't want to scare you. I thought you were human. Actually, there was no scent to tell what you were." Luke explained.

"But I- erm- I can't do this right now. Excuse me." I excused myself from the meeting as I felt my head spinning with the news.

How can this be possible? Jake is my mate.

I screamed in frustration as I recalled the short conversation.

There was a knock on my door breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey. How are you holding up?" My sister asked, walking in.

"My brain feels like it's about to explode." I answered honestly to which she laughed at.

"I know it's a lot to take in. I'm sorry it had to happen like that." She said taking a seat beside me on the bed.

"Did you get an explanation?" I queried.

"Yeah. After the meeting I confronted mom. She told me that there's a possibility of us having 2 mates as we're two different supernaturals. Our second mate would be for our wolf, which you found out to be Lucas. This means that I'm probably also mated with another Alpha." She explained adding to my confusion.

"And she didn't think of mentioning this earlier!? I already have Jake! What do I do now?"

"You'll have to choose one and complete the full mating process with him. You and the other will then feel that mate bond break and he would be able to move on without the pain. Also, he'll be blessed with a second mate." Selena recited, finally bringing light to my dark tunnel.

"Ohk. Thanks." I replied quietly.

"I'm so sorry A." She apologized.

"It's not your fault. It's just our twisted fate. We both have to face this." I waved off her apology and embraced her.

"I know. Everything will be fine." She reassured. "I'm gonna see what help I can offer with planing. I'll fill you in later."

"Okay."

As Selena opened the door a figure stood outside ready to knock. It took no time to realize it was Luke.

They greeted each other before Selena left and he entered, closing the door.

"Hi." He greeted.

"Hi." I answered.

"How are you?" He asked, taking slow and careful steps towards me.

"Okay, considering." I shrugged.

"Sorry to drop it on you like that." He sincerely apologized.

"It's cool. I can imagine how you were feeling. You felt ecstatic to finally meet your mate. I am the one who's supposed to be apologizing though."

"Why's that?" He asked.

"I have a boyfriend who happens to be my mate." I told him, my voice apologetic.

"Wait- what? I don't understand. I am your mate so how do you have another?" He asked in confusion.

"I'm trying to wrap my head around that too. I am part wolf, part witch. Apparently, two sides mean two mates. You're the one for the wolf side." I briefly explained.