eleven

A/N

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THE GIF FOR A SECOND

LIKE PLEASE STAB ME

okay that is all

***

Off days are the worst.

Alright, I wouldn't exactly call them the worst, but they are so unbelievably boring. I don't have to go to work today, so what is there to do? The only thing my plans consist of is staying home. Sounds fun, right?

I did go on a run this morning, though, as usual, but I didn't even have the motivation to stay awake. I went back to sleep only to woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating against my nightstand. I don't even look at who's calling me when I hit answer. "Hello?"

"What are you up to?" It's Lauren.

"Well, I was sleeping. What do you need?"

"Don't get grouchy with me, Sunshine, I was just wanting to see if you wanted to meet for lunch or something today." Oh, great, now she's calling me that, too?

"I guess. What time?"

"Noon-ish? I'll pick you up," I look at the clock on my nightstand and see that it currently reads 9:13. I have enough time to keep sleeping, yet still get up in time to make myself look presentable. I tell Lauren that sounds fine and I hang up the phone before setting my alarm to 10:30 before going back to sleep just so I could wake up again a little over an hour later.

Lauren shows up at my apartment right when she said she would and we end up going to some small café. We take our seats next to the window and our waiter goes to get us drinks. "What's going on Lauren? Anytime you ask me to lunch, it's because we have to talk about something," I ask and she shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe I just wanted to spend time with you? You've been gone with the team for a bit and I've missed you and-" she stops mid-sentence to sigh, "Fine. I have something I wanted to talk about."

"I figured. But I'm listening."

"I think Warner wants to break up with me." I nearly choke on my water upon hearing this.

"What? Why would he... What?"

"He's been acting so... Distant lately. He doesn't seem interested in me anymore. We're going out to dinner this week when he gets back from visiting his family. He's been gone for a month probably because he needs to get away from me. But he'll drop the bomb when we're at dinner and it's just... I don't know."

Lauren and Warner are basically a teen movie cliché. They had been best friends all throughout their lives, she realized she liked him, he got a girlfriend, and after they broke up, Warner realized Lauren was the one just for him. But regardless of them being so cliché-y, they're absolutely perfect for each other. They have what I could only wish I could have with somebody.

"Well, I think you're just overreacting. Warner loves you just as much as you love him," I assure her, and she sighs.

"I just don't know, anymore, Mallory. I just don't know..." Our conversation on the topic stops at that and I stab my fork into my salad. As much as I love Lauren, she overthinks everything. She'll look at one minor situation and ends up making it out to be something bigger than it actually is. "Oh, look who just walked in." Lauren's voice snaps me out my gaze that went out the window and I turn around to see Kris walking through the door and he has some girl with him- his girlfriend? I didn't even know he could be dating someone. But why do I even care?

"Oh. Fantastic," I tell her, turning back around to face her.

"Do you know who that girl is?"