twenty-two

"Jesus fuck," I groan the next morning as I wake up. I left my curtains open last night and the sun decided to be bright this morning. And though I don't remember anything from last night, I do know that I got drunk enough to the point where I'm too hungover for the sun right now, and I think about going back to bed.

But there's an arm draped over me that's keeping me close to the person next to me and I don't remember him getting there.

I don't remember a lot of things from last night, but I especially don't remember this.

"Kris-" I try shaking him lightly and all this movement is causing me a headache, but I still try to wake him, anyway.

I notice him stir a little in his sleep before his eyes slowly open and he's staring back at me. "Morning, Sunshine."

Morning voice. Dear God, his morning voice.

"I'm too hungover to comment on the fact you just called me that dumb nickname again."

"I figured. How are you feeling?"

"I'm living. Why are you even here?"

"You obviously weren't in the right state of mind to take care of yourself, so I took you home and stayed to make sure you didn't... Die, or something."

"You really didn't have to stay. I would have been fine," I insist, but he just shakes his head.

"You've told me not to leave a drunk person alone. So, yeah, you might have been fine, but I still wasn't going to leave. Anyway, Sunshine," he pushes himself up and off the bed, "I should probably head out. I've got some things to do before the game today. I'll see you later."

"Actually, Kristopher," he rolls his eye because I used his full name, "I'm going to be gone the next few days. My sister's getting married on Tuesday and I'm going home."

"Damn, you're leaving me? Whatever will I do without you?" The sarcasm is high in his voice and I just scoff.

"Don't be dramatic, your favorite person will back with you guys sometime on Wednesday night once you get into Atlanta."

"Why's Anthony going with you?"

"He's ... Oh, don't be a dick," I tell him and he slightly chuckles.

"Well, I guess I'll see you then, Sunshine." He leaves my room and I look over at my clock deciding if I should get up now or not. I really don't have to be in Joliet until later tonight for the rehearsal dinner and the drive is almost an hour so it's not like I need to go now.

My clock reads 9:32. I yawn and rub my eyes before getting the strength to move out of my bed. I walk into my bathroom with my head aching with every step I take. I open up my medicine cabinet and I rifle through it so I can find my bottle of Advil. I take two pills out of the bottle before closing the cap and setting it on the counter, and I get a paper cup and fill it with water from the tap. I take the pills, toss the cup, and wash off all of my excess makeup from last night that I was obviously too drunk to take off. I undress and throw my clothes into the corner of the bathroom and climb into the shower. I'm probably in there for a good twenty minutes, and I get out to wrap myself in a towel and walk back into my room. I get a pair of Nike shorts out of one of my dresser drawers and a Northwestern football t-shirt that I got my freshman year in college. I get dressed and slide on my Nikes and wrap my hair in the towel and go eat a bowl of cereal and brush my teeth. I blow dry my hair and throw it up into a high ponytail.

I make sure I have all of my stuff packed before leaving- My bridesmaids dress is at my stepdad's house because Delaney said it'd just be best to leave it there so I won't have to drag it down by the time her wedding rolls around. I leave my apartment with all of my stuff ready to go and I haul my bags into the backseat of my car before climbing in. I pull out my phone before I leave and send a very important text that would have sounded better in person.

wonderwall ♔ k. bryantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara