twenty-seven

It takes me a few seconds to fully register in my mind where I am.

This isn't my bed, this isn't my room, and this isn't my apartment.

It's his.

The six-foot-five pain in the ass, the third baseman, the guy with the nice, blue eyes, and the guy who made me realize that I'm in love again.

It's all his.

I can't help but to just sit and look at him for a few moments as he's sleeping, as creepy and weird as it sounds, and I also can't help but think about how we got here. How we got from not liking each other just a few months ago to... Well, this.

I'm not complaining about where we stand. I feel content with my own feelings and for the longest time, I was very convinced that I could just end up alone. And when I was younger, I was very convinced that I would end up marrying the first guy that I really believed loved me, and in this case, that would be Brendon. Fourteen year old me was so unbelievably stupid and I'm pretty goddamn thankful that it didn't turn out the way I thought when I was still in love with Pete Wentz and Ryan Ross.

(Side note, I still am shamelessly in love with those two, but I'll save that for another day.)

I stretch and roll my neck before picking up my phone off of the nightstand. My phone reads that it's currently 7:04, and it truly astonishes me that I managed to wake up this early. Lauren had sent me a text about twenty minutes ago and it also astonishes me that she was up so early, considering she didn't have to go into work today.

Lauren: heyy did you wanna meet me for breakfast today ?? since you're about to leave me for like, 10 days

me: yes of course, does 9 work?? i have to run home 

I set my phone down and sink back down into his bed, not exactly wanting to get up at the moment. Kris starts to stir in his sleep and he rolls over before his I see his eyes slowly open. "Good morning, Sunshine," he says quietly and I almost have a heart attack due to his goddamn morning voice.

"Good morning. I wish you'd stop calling me that, but good morning." He chuckles and I bite my lip, trying to hide the smile that's creeping up on me.

"If you don't like me calling you Sunshine, how about I just call you my girlfriend instead?"

"That was so fucking smooth, I hate it."

"Well? You didn't answer." He smirks and I roll my eyes. God, he's a nerd.

He's my nerd, but he's a nerd.

"Yes, you idiot."

"Sound like a plan, Sunshine." He has this dumb smile on his face and I try not to start laughing, but he's making it so unbelievably hard.

"Goddammit," I laugh and he runs his hand through his hair.

"Are you hungry or anything? I'm not great at cooking, but I could... figure out something. Or we could go to that donut place on the corner if you want?" He asks me and I'm loving the fact that he's asking, but I still have to turn him down.

"I actually told Lauren I'd meet with her for breakfast. I probably need to get going, anyway," I tell him and pull myself out of his bed. I pick my hoodie up off of the floor and my shorts that are lying beside it, slipping them onto my body, and I put on my Nikes that are by the side of his bed. Kris gets up and puts on a pair of shorts that he pulled out from his dresser and he walks me to the door.