not an update

i'm sorry this isn't an update, but i just wanted to talk about some stuff.

i've been trying to write this but i kept deleting my words because i didn't think i could put into words how i feel, but here it goes.

in case you guys haven't heard already, jose fernandez died last night/ early this morning in a boating accident. i haven't stopped crying since i heard the news when i woke up, and it's just so hard to think about. jose was one of my favorite non-cubs. he was an amazing person on and off the field. he went through so much to make it to where he was and it's just an amazing story, really.

yes, he was a very talented pitcher. but his love of the game made him who he was. he played baseball with all of his heart and he always had a huge smile on his face... it's rare to find players like that today. he was truly something special.

last week he announced on instagram that his girlfriend was pregnant. he had a baby on the way. he was getting ready to raise a child with a person he loved, and now all of that just got taken away.

i told this to my good friend (unique_writers_unite ), but i read a tweet mentioning how kris and jose were the same age and i just lost it. i don't know, i just thought about how this could have been kris or it could have been any of the other young guys on our team. no one should die this young.

"did you say it? 'i love you. i don't ever wanna live without you. you changed my life.' did you say it? make a plan. set a goal. work toward it. but every now and then look around. drink it in. 'cause this is it. it might all be gone tomorrow."- meredith grey (grey's anatomy)

don't take anything for granted, alright?

i'm sending all of my thoughts and prayers to jose's friends and family, the others involved in the accident's friends and family, the marlins fans, and just the whole baseball community in general.

i'm just rambling at this point. but i love you guys, i love you guys a lot. and you can always talk to me about this if you need to because i'll be here