Prologue

Note:- This book was written by a 13 year old me so I sincerely apologize for anything you might find cringy or childish! :P Constructive criticism is highly appreciated :)

Warning- At times the protagonist has depressing thoughts, that's all I have to say ^-^'

~10 years earlier~

"Hannah, will you please go to the supermarket and buy me some chocolate? I just noticed that there are no chocolates for the brownie," mom said while wiping her hands on her apron as she stepped out of the kitchen.

I shifted my gaze lazily from the television and gave my puppy eyes to mom, and she replied by shaking her head. Oh come on.

I sighed and looked over to Hailey, who was adjusting her spectacles while she was studying. My sweet twin Hailey, she's always studying. Maybe she should take a break...

"Hey Hail..." I started but was cut off by her when she replied, "Hey Ham."

I sat up from my sleeping position on the couch and looked at her with my puppy eyes. "I was thinking if you'd help mom and get her some chocolates..."

She looked up from her book and glared at me before stating, "Fine."

I jumped up in happiness when she kept down her book and took the money from mom before heading towards the door. I knew that my puppy eyes would work on her. It's a twin thing, the both of us are easily affected by each other's puppy eyes.

We just love each other that much.

She wore her blue sneakers and said, "Bye mom, bye Ham," before going out the door. I laid back down on the couch and continued watching some random show on the television.

But I had a deep, deep feeling that something bad is going to happen.

---

"Mom, I'm getting quite worried now. It's been half an hour and she still didn't arrive," I uttered meekly to mom as I stood beside her in the kitchen.

"Yeah it's been long but who knows? Maybe she met up with her friends or she's been spending way too much time in the supermarket."

"But-"

"Look, I'm busy now. Just hope she gets home soon."

---

I exclaimed in anguish, "Mom, you can't dismiss me now, it's been more than two hours! Where is she?!"

"I'm getting worried too. What happened that she hasn't come home till now!" Mom shrieked as she kept walking back and forth while her hands were shaking in fear.

Mom's phone rang and I looked at mom. She stood still, not caring about the phone. I ran towards it and saw that it was a call from an unknown number. I wondered who it might be.

I picked it up and greeted, "Hello?"

"Hello? Is it Mrs. Lawrence speaking? Mother of Hailey Lawrence?" The voice questioned.

"Um, no, actually it's Hannah Lawrence, twin of Hailey. Who is this speaking?" I asked curiously.

"Uh, we are calling from the City Life Hospital. Your sister Hailey had an accident and she is in a very critical condition. Please hurry and reach the hospital as soon as possible."

I felt like the world around me had stopped spinning for a while. The call ended and I fell on the floor as my eyes widened. Mom saw me panic and rushed towards me.

No. This can't be happening. Hailey can't be in a critical condition.

"Who was it Hannah?"