Chapter 26

Uaa it's the last chapter :(

Hope you enjoyed this story ;)

(Update:- The sequel to this book is now out! :) )

---

He mentioned 5 p.m., but I already left my apartment by 3 p.m. I called the police before leaving and told them to please be on time and they said that they'll be there, but I hardly believe it because of the last incident.

I was in a total hurry, I didn't even bother eating or anything. I had to save mom before it's too late. I ran out of the apartment and told dad to be there at the police station.

Right now, it's 3:45 p.m. and I'm at the entrance of the woods. I started searching for an abandoned house everywhere but it was nowhere to be found. Time flew and now it's 4.

Finally after a long time in a corner hidden between two tall, dark trees, I found a house. It looked as if no one has been there for centuries, and I knew at once that it was the very house.

I walked towards the house and thought of entering from the window, not the door. Now I'm not going to listen to the stupid police. They said that if I murder Mark, then even though I was the victim I'll be in prison. I don't know who in world kept that stupid rule.

The window was already broken, so I didn't need to break it.

I entered the house from the window and smiled in success when I made it without making any noise.

I slowly started walking and tried to find mom. The house was extremely scary; with spider webs, broken flooring and roof, rotten smell, shattered glass and not to mention blood too...

Wait, blood?!

I swiftly went in and finally found the room mom was in. Mom was tied to the the rod by her neck and also her hands and legs were tied. There was also a big bruise on her forehead and seeing her like this made my blood boil.

I quickly ran inside for her and I think she noticed me coming. She looked at me before her eyes widened and she kept shaking her head as though wanting to say 'no,' but I still came.

As I was about to reach her I was pulled by my legs and I fell down to the floor. I then realized it was a trap as my legs got tied and slowly a net fell down on me.

I heard the devil's laugh as he came into sight. I glared at him and I tried to get free but I couldn't do anything.

"So good to see my little rat get trapped. You were a big pain to me. You were actually a good rat in the beginning, quiet and scared. But then you became such a ferocious, naughty rat that now I have to trap you. You-"

"Why did you kill Hailey?" I yelled at him pushing the fast forward button, cutting off his non-sense.

And apples, this net thingy was making me feel suffocated.

"Oh my, little rat is becoming ferocious even in her little house? Don't worry, soon your mother will be meeting Hailey, you will be in jail and I will be free." He said as he laughed.

What does he mean by I'll be in jail?

"What?" I shouted at him.

He smiled at me and explained to me like I'm a baby, "Look dear Hannah, you want to kill me, right? And I'm damn sure you wouldn't leave me alive before leaving this place here, today. I will kill your mother which I've wanted to do since years, you'll kill me in rage and I'll die, and then the police will arrest you because you can't kill a person who hasn't hurt you yet, it won't be called as a self defense."