Chapter 17

Hi. Just a note- for all of you who are confused about the surgeries and blah blah of Hannah's nerve cut, honestly I too have no idea what happens if a nerve is cut. I took all the information from Google. If any information is wrong, blame google :-P Thanks.

---

The police barged into the room which didn't surprise me, actually, as I kind of expected them to come since, as per my friends, they were dying to get information about M and Macy from me and waited for me to wake up since two weeks. Couldn't they wait just a little longer? I wanted to sleep man.

Alice saw the police, shrugged and went back and sat on the chair. John jumped in fright and climbed on Sherry's back and Sherry quickly pushed him off his back. Mary seemed a little surprised, but nodded and went and sat beside Alice.

"So, pleased to finally meet you, Ms. Lawrence," one of the police officers greeted.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Wait. One, I'm not 30 or 40. I'm just 21. Two, I don't think I'm married. So why are you calling me Mrs. Lawrence and making me feel like a 67 year old annoying married woman?"

I said and then realized that he didn't call me Mrs. to which I overreacted so much, and just simply called me Ms. Anyway, I don't care. I felt offended, I cleared it. Simple as that.

The other police officer chuckled and the main officer just smiled and shook his head. Then he said,

"Well, I'm Matthew Holmes by the way. One, I'm not the grandfather or grandson of Sherlock Holmes. Neither am I related to your friend Flockhart here. Two, you can call me by Officer Matt. Three, we're here to investigate you. We understand you're not in a condition to tell your story and you're still recovering. But we hope you understand that as police officers it is our duty to find and arrest a robber or murderer right away.

"As per the information given by your friends with the letters, messages and camera footages as proof, M has already killed your twin Hailey Lawrence. We have contacted the Chicago Police about it already. Then under the attempt of murder for both you and Alice, we don't think M is going to be an easy culprit. We also need to hear your complete story to know if there are any other people connected too."

He continued speaking and I really had to control the urge to tell him to shut up his mouth or speak slowly and softly, because once again I hardly understood what he told. Although I caught the important points.

I glanced at Alice and Mary, who were watching me carefully. Alice, as though reading the message I wanted to convey through my eyes, nodded at me as though telling me to go ahead and tell them my real identity, my real story.

I sat up straight on the bed and also kept the fluffy white pillow straight. I took support and leaned my back on the pillow and started,

"You ask me questions, I answer them."

Officer Matt nodded and asked the first question, "Full name?"

"Hannah Lawrence," I rejoined, and I could feel everyone's eyes staring hard at me.

"Okay. Date of birth?" he asked.

"27th November, 1994." I said blankly, then slowly I realized what I just told and my eyes scanned around the room to see a calendar.

There it was. I saw a calendar near the corner of the room. I tried to see what date it is today but it was a little blur that I couldn't see.

I need some specs then.

My day dreaming was cut off when Officer Matt asked me, "Tell us about your childhood. Everything; Hailey, your parents, the scars on your arms, your bullies, Macy, M. As much as you can."