Chapter 3

I lazily got up from the couch, wondering who would show up at such an hour of the day.

I opened the door and raised my eyebrow when I saw no one standing outside. I looked down only to find a letter lying down on the floor. I picked it up and it said in a very shabby handwriting, 'To Hannah Lawrence.'

I went inside and closed the door before examining the letter. It was inside this yellow envelope which looked pretty old. I wondered who would want to send me a letter in this generation of technology.

I tore off the corner of the envelope and took the letter out of it. Hmm... A mystery letter.

We just got a letter,
I wonder who it's from?

This isn't really the time for Blue's Clues, I thought. I mentally face-palmed myself at my childish muse.

I sat down on the couch and was about to open the letter when I got reminded of my pasta. I'm not going to warm up that thing again, so I quickly put the letter aside and ate it while watching t.v.

After watching the movie and finishing the pasta, I went to my room and sat down on my bed. My room has pretty much everything you'll have in a room; medium sized bed enough for me to fit in, with dark purple walls and brown tiled floors. There's a small window to the side which I covered with black curtains. There's my wardrobe, and then at last I have my writing desk on which I type my books on the computer and a chair.

I glanced at the letter again before I thought of opening it. The same shabby handwriting was there written inside but I managed to read it.

Dear Hannah,

Or shall I call Ham?

Your little twin sister used to call you that, wouldn't she?

Well, you must obviously miss her a lot.

What's her name again, Hailey, right?

Anyways, this letter isn't going to be a very big one, so I would like to conclude this with one thing.

I'm sorry.

-M.

Wait,

What?

What was that?

Who in world has sent me that letter? And above all, why did he/ she write sorry at the end? Sorry for what? How do they know about my Hailey, and the nickname she had kept for me?

A thousand questions kept flowing in my mind. Every passing second suddenly felt heavier with the weight of my curiosity. I laid down on my bed for the rest of the night just thinking about the letter.

Who sent it?

And why?

---

(Note- I don't know how publishing of books take place okay so I just used my imagination about what they could possibly do there. Don't mind me xP)

---

"So, Hannah Lawrence, right?" Mr. James asked me for confirmation.

"Yes, sir," I replied politely.

"Well, I really like your plot and the way you have designed this story. I'm sure most of the people would definitely try this book. Mrs. Miley has also recommended me to take a look at your book, and she always chooses the best ones. We'll have a discussion on this a little more and then I'll be publishing your book," he informed me with a smile.