Chapter 11

The next day I got a call from the publisher saying that after two or three days my book will be officially published.

My happiness couldn't be described when I heard that. I can't wait to finally hold my work in my hands. People would actually read the characters and the story that I built. My head was over the clouds. Finally, my dream was coming true.

Mine and Hailey's dream was coming true.

Hailey might be proud of me. No, Hailey is proud of me.

Is.

Present tense used.

Finally.

Well, never mind. I overreacted. It's just that I die for framing a sentence where I can use present tense for Hailey, and it will make perfect grammatical sense and will be the truth.

I called Lily and she was just as happy as I was. She shouted and rambled and congratulated me with excitement. She said that she would love to come over to my flat, but she was going for shopping with Mary and Alice.

I spent the rest of the day at home. I got a letter from Cedric saying that he has successfully managed to convince the family to go back to USA and now they are on their way back. He apologized to me once again in the letter, and as soon as I saw that my mind shifted again to day dreaming.

Am I ready to forgive them? The one who hurt me so bad and left no space for love in my life?

Nope. Not yet. Maybe I'll forgive them once the scars in my heart have vanished. And that is known as: never.

I got rid of the thoughts and then went to my room and took out mine and Hail's diary. I continued reading from the page I left on the other day.

Diary Entry #4.

10th August, 2004.

Today a surprise painting contest was held in our class which was compulsory for everyone to participate. I was horrible at painting and was super tensed, but Hailey was perfect in it and she encouraged me by saying that it's gonna be nothing, you just have to visualize an image and let the colors flow.

So I followed what she told. Everyone were given a set of paints and brushes and their own canvas. I took a deep breath, visualized an image and started painting.

I kept on painting and painting and didn't realize I finished. It didn't come out as I had expected, but I was satisfied with the result.

I had drawn a road and on either side of it there were cherry blossom trees and the sky was a mixture of blue, slight hint of orange and violet. Then there was a girl walking on the road whose hair were flowing in the direction of the wind and her hands were kept in her pockets.

Hailey had drawn something more beautiful and perfect. She drew a lake on which the midnight moon's reflection was shining, then there was a boat kept on the corner of the lake from where the land starts, and on the land there was a tree whose leaves had withered and they were flying away.

Of course, my brilliant twin sister won the first prize and I was so proud of her that moment. Well, honestly I'm proud of her every moment.

The second prize was won by one of our enemies and believe me, I had no idea how she won that.

Third prize was won by Macy, and I couldn't help but give a small smile at it.

I was given the special consolation prize, and my happiness couldn't be described. After collecting the prize I ran towards Hailey and gave her a tight hug.