Chapter 14

I stood with my eyes wide as I looked at M glaring at me. I wonder why does he always wear black clothes with a mask hiding his face.

"What are you doing here now?! You don't even want anything from me, why are you chasing me?" I yell at him, tired of his actions.

"You told Sherlock too, didn't you?"

"What-"

"You told Flockhart!"

"What are you talking about? I didn't tell him anything!" I shout back at him, not wanting to involve Alice or Lily. They're too dear to me and I wouldn't handle it if M does anything to them.

"Then how does he know?"

"How do you know that he knows?"

He kept quiet for a while. Then he told, "I stalk everyone."

"What, do you have 54 eyes?"

"Ugh, stop questioning!"

He shouted before he came for me. I quickly opened my door and ran out.

I opened my front door and ran down the stairs. He was chasing me from behind. What is his problem?

After running for a moment while thinking what to do, I stopped. I was now in the middle of an isolated street. There's the main public road in front of me. I can go ahead and create a scene. I can do many things at the present.

Right now, I have something else to do.

I turned around and see M stopping as well. He came towards me but I motioned him to stop with my hand.

"You know what? I'm tired. I'm tired of running. Not only now, but all my life. What do you want? Why don't you just kill me? You're a coward. You're so afraid that you can't even think what you actually want from me. Tell me, why are you chasing me?"

I confronted him bravely, just like Hailey advised me to do. I really am tired.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" he said, surprising me because it's the first time I heard his original tone. Normally his tone would either be muffled due to the mask or loud because he would be shouting.

"Because I have the right to. You can't just barge in anyone's life saying 'I killed your sister blah blah' stuff and make their life like hell. You killed her, my parents abused me, I got bullied, and now my best friend Lily left me. What else do you want?"

"Revenge," he whispered.

"Excuse me?" I asked, surprised by his answer.

"I said revenge. Are you deaf? I want revenge."

"Revenge for what?"

"You'll know," he muttered before he slowly walked to me. Then I realized that he has a napkin along and it might have some drug on it or something.

Realizing that he's going to make me faint and then perhaps kidnap me, I kicked him hard on the stomach with my leg and he fell down pretty badly. I quickly turned away and started running again.

I ran and ran until I didn't even know where I was.

Suddenly I felt a lot of hurt on my left leg and I didn't see that there was a small rock ahead of me and all of a sudden I fell down after hitting it.

Ouch, my head hurts.

I thought it might be a normal pain and tried getting up, but I must say I fell down badly. Huh, I kicked M and now karma is kicking me.

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

I simply tripped down, then why is my head paining so much?

Must've hurt it pretty badly then.