Chapter 20

"He has escaped again," Officer Matt informed me with a guilty look on his face.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths in order to calm myself. Next time I won't listen to Officer Matt. I'll directly take a gun and shoot him before he says a hello to me. Or I'll finely chop his head, fry it in olive oil and then feed them to crocodiles.

But I know I'll never do it anyway.

I immediately ran off to the police station while the call was still on. I was lucky since the cafe was near to the station. We quickly navigated his location and contacted the police officers who were near to the location.

After a while my friends had come to the station. All of us had been waiting for some good news to come. Finally after a long wait, we got the news that he wasn't there. He escaped. Even though the officers scattered and searched almost everywhere in and around the woods. No idea how he escaped so fast. Probably he turned into Ninja Hattori.

I don't know what to do right now. Kill him, or keep patience as the officers suggest, or do something stupid. He is the reason John is getting transferred to South Korea. Now maybe he'll take Alice and Sherry too. Mary is already distant.

I punched the wall behind me and let out an exasperated sound. I wish life loved me. I wish I loved life. Sadly it's a hate story.

"Ann, calm down," John said softly as he realized that I was getting out of control.

"Hey buddy. Don't take too much stress," Alice said reassuringly while patting my back.

"How can I not? I'm not able to do anything while Mark keeps playing with mine and my people's lives. We are not able to track his location and neither is he sending any letters. Because of him John is being taken away from us. How can I keep calm?" I freaked out.

Officer Matt stepped in, "Keep calm by waiting. We are finding him. Please have a little patience more. This case is going out of matter. The day after tomorrow some officers from Chicago are going to arrive too. So we'll be having plenty officers on this case, it might be easier to find him.

"We have also interrogated some of the people who seemed to know about Mark. Seems he was never seen in London before five months. He approached a landlord to live in a rented apartment five months ago when he came to London for the first time. Then he took up a job at a local not-too-famous coffee shop, and his colleagues said that he used to work nicely for two months before he hardly ever came to work and always used to run away whenever at work."

And what am I supposed to do with this information? Will Mark be found with this?

Wait... five months ago? That means he came in July. And he has been troubling me ever since September, two months after he arrived here. It's been three months now, as it's December.

So that means he might've been trying to find me all those two months?

I puffed in frustration as I felt so helpless. He is a psychotic person, and he has made his life goal set on making my life hell. The reason for his endless hatred is something beyond my level of understanding.

"Hey, I think you must go home now. It's 7:45 now, pretty late I must say. The year's ending and the weather is becoming colder and colder," one of the officers said, whose name I had forgotten.

I didn't want to go home. What if he comes to my apartment? I need a guard. A dog perhaps. A dog is the best guard ever, because he isn't a human. Humans are bad, biggest examples Mark and Macy Adams.

We all nodded as we headed out.

"Hannah, wait," Officer Matt stopped me.

I turned around to see him holding something in his hand.