Headmaster Ozai

Zuko's POV

"Ugh that asshole is just so aggravating!" I said as Mai and I walked out of the dining hall. I kept picturing his arrogant face while he leaned on his girlfriend. I don't think he even looked at her and just used her as a tool to play up his image.

"Oh, calm down, Zuko. You're getting worked up over nothing." Mai replied, keeping pace with me.

"He was insulting you! How is that nothing?" I asked her. On instinct, I reached out to hold her hand. Though her face showed nothing, she did intertwine our fingers.

"Because I don't really care what they think of me. They're just some nobodies who need to mind their own business." Mai said in her monotone voice. All this was just getting me even more annoyed since this exactly what those idiots said. 

No, I know Mai has feelings. She just doesn't show it like everyone else. All that matters is that I know the truth.

"Whatever, those peasants aren't worth my time." I stated as I held her hand and pulled her close. Mai gave a quick smile before rolling her eyes. There she was.

"And you hate when people call you 'Prince'. Gee I wonder why they do that." Her voice filled with sarcasm. That brought a smile to my face, but before either of us spoke, I felt my phone vibrate.

My office now

"Just great. Looks like I got to go." After a second of thought, I leaned forward and gave Mai a kiss on the cheek. All she did was nod her head before turning towards the dormitories. 

~~~*~~~

"Can you explain to me why I received a notice that my son and daughter were drawing attention in the middle of the dining hall?" My father spoke slowly from behind his desk. He had called both Azula and me into his office. 

"There was barely anyone around. Anyone of importance, anyway." Azula responded without a care of his reaction. She is probably the only one able to talk like that to him. I got the scar to prove it. "They were simply some peasants who thought they could stand up to us. We just needed to make sure they knew who really held power."

"Hhmm, and just who were these peasants?" My father asked us.

"An arrogant swordsman and a foolish waterbender." I answered.  

"Be that as it may, I don't want to hear about either of you participating in such foolish behavior." Which means don't get caught. "Now Zuko, how are you and Mai doing?"

I did not expect that.

"Um, we're doing good." I replied even though I could feel Azula trying not to laugh. Father never cared much about the details of my relationship. Only that it continued.

"Excellent. Make sure you keep it up. I don't need any childish drama to interfere with my plans. Remember your duties, Zuko." My father stated.

"Yes, Father." I responded but the reminder was not needed. It was kind of hard to forget my so-called 'duties'. My life was dictated by them.

"Finally, this swordsman. Do you have any classes together?" He continued. An almost sinister look in his eye.

"Yes sir, tomorrow in fact." I said because I understood where he was taking this situation. He was not going to let this be a one-off situation.

"Then I expect he will understand the consequences of his actions." He said and looked me straight in the eye. I give a small nod showing I understood the true meaning behind his words. There was a tinge of guilt in the back of my head, but better that fool than me.

"Now this foolish waterbender . . ." He continued slowly, an idea forming in his head.

"I would be happy to handle her, Father." Azula interjected with maybe too much enthusiasm. That waterbender didn't say much, looking back. In my opinion, there was no reason to send Azula after her, but I wasn't going to say that.

"Of course, and I think I know how." He said with an evil smile. I just stood there as they started planning. It seems like they forgot I was even there, though their plan was pretty good considering they just thought of it. Sometimes it worried me how intense Azula can be, but Father seemed impressed.

If that's what it takes, then I'm going to make sure that swordsman knows not to mess with me again.

Yeah, Chapter 2!! Love you if you're reading this because you ARE reading this! Can you feel it? Feel the love!

Let me know what you think by voting or commenting and please remember to smile!