I Found Happiness

Zuko's POV

We reached the flower shop, and Katara gave me a doubtful look. I understood it because it wasn't anything special and it was small. On the way there we ran into some waterbenders that Katara talked into joining us. They all followed me, and we saw a short older man, sweeping the floor. He moved behind the counter as we walked forward.

"Hello, how can I help you?" He asked with a small smile.

"Yes, I was hoping I could use your restroom." I asked, hearing a snort from one of the waterbenders.

"The restroom is for customers only." The man said in response. I set down the White Lotus tile and tossed it towards him. He caught it much faster than you would expect from an older man. That shut up the waterbender. The man pushed buttons on the cash register and nodded. I led the others down a hallway that a person wouldn't notice unless they were looking for it. At the end was a sign that indicated where the restroom was, but I stopped them in the middle. I knocked on a section of the wall that was no different from the rest of the store. We stood there for a bit until a slot opened, causing the others, including Katara, to jump. The only thing visible was a man's eyes.

"Who knocks at the golden gate?" He asked us.

"One who has eaten it's fruit and tasted its mysteries," I replied. Katara looked at me in confusion, and I just shrugged my shoulders. What can I say, my uncle enjoys the cryptic arts. The slot closed and the wall slid open, exactly like my Uncle's tea shop. Once it stopped, I walked forward, and Katara encouraged the others to follow. The hallway was dark with small lights along the way, but once you reach the end, there was a shining light that almost hurt your eyes after the darkness. When their eyes adjusted, everyone shouts out in shock and disbelief. We were in a vast arena where earthbenders were training alongside water and airbenders. Then the sound of clanking from the swords heard and grunts from those falling in hand-to-hand combat. There was every style of fighting, and those in our group ran to the waterbending group and began training.

"This arena is underneath the town and is protected even from someone like Toph, who feels the earth." I explained to Katara.

"How did you do that?" She asked me.

"He didn't, I did." A voice from behind her answered. I bowed while she stood in shock at Master Bumi from the academy's earth department. Then the other Masters of the school joined him. "Welcome to old people camp."

"This is incredible. How did you manage to pull this off, so quickly?" Katara asked.

"The Order of the White Lotus has been around for a lot longer than the academy. We just needed someone to begin the movement, and that was Zuko." Master Paku explained. "Aang and Sokka have been valuable assets, and now that you girls are involved, we can make a true difference."

"All of you are strong students with your knowledge and could teach the other students just as well as any of us." Master Plandao continued.

"And even if Zuko and Aang are the only firebenders, there is more to learn." Master Jeong Jeong said, with a stern look at me, but it's not much different than every look he has. "I want you both to work with Iroh. He is waiting for you."

"Katara, follow me to the other water benders." Master Paku instructed. Katara and I bowed and turned in opposite directions. We had our orders, and there was nothing more for us to talk about.

~~~*~~~

I walked into a clear area where Uncle and Aang stood. I knew Aang was a prodigy, but his fire bending needed some work. Though lately, mine hasn't felt as powerful. I was also confused about why we were working with Uncle instead of Jeong Jeong.