I Really Hope We're Wrong

Katara's POV

Ever since the school found out Zuko and I were dating, we've been getting more attention. I had girls from fire bending give me some interesting looks. Apparently, water shouldn't mix with fire and they were assuming one of them were going to date him. It sounds so stupid, Mai wasn't a fire bender. Though, I found out her dad owns some important construction company and has built most of this school. There were some daughters of the school leaders that seemed grateful we were dating. Those political arrangements make no sense to me. They do sound as if they are putting their children into arranged marriages as if they were a royal family. They got money, but I see no crown.

"You guys heading to that Elements Festival this weekend?" Suki asked everyone. The Elements Festival was a celebration of all the elements usually on the winter and summer solstice. Everyone dressed in outfits representing the elements even if it wasn't their personal nation. For example, I dressed in Earth nation colors last year.

"Of course, we are, right Yue?" Sokka spoke up. Although Yue nodded she didn't seem excited, or even happy, about it.

"I guess so." Aang said quietly.

"What was that Twinkle Toes?" Toph pretended not to hear him. "You are going and just can NOT keep your excitement contained?" We all laughed and Aang's smile finally showed real happiness.

~~~*~~~

"This year has got to be even more fantastic than last, no doubt." I exclaimed. Zuko and I were standing in the middle of the booths in coordinating fire element outfits. I didn't want to be too matchy-matchy and think we pulled it off. "Don't you think so?"

"Think what?" He asked. Zuko has been acting weird ever since I saw him in the common room. We ended up being late because he was in a meeting with his father. I know this attitude was an aftermath of the meeting. I have decided that my mission today would be to bring him out of this funk and make sure he has fun.

"Come on, let's go find the others."

"Yeah, ok." I grabbed his hand and pulled him threw the crowd, trying to find the others. Finally, I found Sokka and Yue by the food wearing earth element outfits. He was munching on some blubber nuggets while Yue was just standing there. Her usual sparkle was missing as she looked at Sokka.

"Hey guys." I was surprised that Zuko spoke first.

"Hey!!" Even though Sokka sounded excited, his eyes slid to Yue. At least he was aware of Yue's attitude. Guess we both had the same mission for this festival.

"What's the plan for today? There are so many booths I'm not sure where to start." I said.

"I'm set on the food!" Sokka exclaimed as he shoved more blubber nuggets into his mouth.

"What are you eating?" Zuko asked. It caused Sokka's mouth to drop open which meant we saw his chewed-up nuggets.

"You've never had blubber nuggets?" Sokka asked.

"No, are they even edible? My favorite snack are fire flakes." Zuko answered.

"That just sounds as if someone burned food and decided to sell it anyway." Sokka said as he continued to eat.

"How about you try fire flakes and I'll try blubber nuggets." Zuko challenged.

"What are fire flakes exactly?" Sokka asked while Zuko went to buy a bag. I just smiled as I shrugged. Zuko made it back with a challenging smirk as he handed Sokka the bag. Sokka switched it, giving Zuko the bag of blubber nuggets. They stared at each other each holding a piece in front of their mouths. Yue and I started the countdown.

"One, two, three!" The boys dropped the food into their mouths and showed different expressions. Zuko didn't seem to like it at first but as he chewed he slowly accepted it. Sokka had a look that I know he liked it but was trying hard not to show it. They looked at each other and nodded at the same time.

"Well that was anti-climactic. Let's go check out the rest of the festival." I said and grabbed Zuko's hand and started walking towards the stage. There was a guy doing a show with a fire dragon and a woman sitting on a chair while he seemed to lose control of the it. It was completely believable that I almost thought she was going to get hurt. I started cheering once the fire dragon turned into fireworks.

"That was impressive. I was considering jumping on stage to stop it from hurting anyone." Zuko spoke up.

"Seeing you on stage as the hero would definitely be something I want to see." I said with a little smirk of my own. This brought out a smile which I considered a small win.

"Not sure I'm much of a hero. It seems more fun to play the villain." He said softly, pulling me closer. His face slowly coming closer to mine. It was so slow, I stood up on my toes to finally kiss him.

"You do know I'm right behind you, right?" We turned to see Sokka staring at us. He was so focused on Zuko that I couldn't help but laugh. This then caused Zuko to start laughing which extended to Yue. At that, Sokka dropped the big brother act and gave the biggest smile. He grabbed Yue and pulled to him and lifted her up and spun around. She laughed, gave this face of true happiness and love to Sokka. Whatever has been on her mind came rushing back. Yue appeared as if she was going to cry in total contrast to everything around her.

"Is everything ok?" Sokka asked. His concern for her just tipped the scale and she ran off. He quickly went after her and we lost them in the crowd.

"I hope everything is ok." I said.

"Um, she just ran off crying. I'm not sure everything is ok." Zuko stated. I hated to admit that he was right. Sokka and Yue were always the relationship I looked forward to someday having in my life. They bring out the best in each other and I know they love each other.

"I know but I really hope we're wrong."

We got another chapter! I got an idea for Sokka and Yue and please don't hate me! I guess that was a bit of a hint at the next chapter. There will be a moment between Sokka and Zuko though. Hopefully that will make up for it.

I want to thank @MiLoveMuffin for the stream of likes. You guys have no clue how happy I get when I see these pop up on my notification feed.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)