Gonna Be Good

Katara's POV

Holy crap, I just had a normal conversation with Zuko. 'Prince' Zuko, the guy my friends despise and the guy that my boyfriend doesn't even want me to be in the same room as.  I just wanted to apologize for Sokka and say I couldn't meet up this week. No clue how it turned into an actual conversation.

  I mean we do have a month. Why did you feel the need to spend time with Zuko so quickly?  

I shook my head as if I could shake the thought out of my head. Azula just doesn't like social interaction which is why she hasn't met with Aang. The only thing I needed was to rate his skill level. But once I stopped holding a grudge, treating him like any other partner, things were easier. We were basically just hanging out.

"You had a choice to step away."

What is wrong with me? Why am I even dwelling on this? I was fine until . . . Azula! I knew her wording was kinda weird. Of course, she's up to something and Zuko had to be apart of it. He wouldn't have stopped me in the hallway for no reason. Plus his weak, cute way of flirting.

Wait, I just used the word cute.

~~~*~~~

"Damn, Katara, it looks like you barely got any sleep." Suki said. That was just confirmation that I should have gone heavier on the cover-up.

"I'm ok. Just stayed up late doing homework." I responded.

"Don't even think about it, Sweetness." Toph said as she came out of nowhere. "I know you're lying."

"Thank you, Human Lie Detector." I responded in an exasperated voice. Suki was staring at me, waiting for an answer, and Toph was staring at the floor with a smile on her face.

"Spill. What's really going on? Do we need to kick someone's ass? Just say the word." Suki said while Toph cracked her knuckles. Oh spirits, I love my friends.

"No, it's nothing like that." I said though Suki looked at Toph for confirmation. After she nodded, Suki turned back to me. 

"So what is it?" She asked me.

"I promise to talk about it later. We don't have time and you know it." I reasoned with them. Suki let out a breath of defeat and Toph just shrugged her shoulders. 

"Cool with me. Let's get going. I was late for Bumi's class the other day and he made me stay after and do some crazy exercise. Not even sure what the point was." Toph told us. We laughed as we made our way into the common room. 

"Hey, guys!" Aang was just entering the room as well and basically bounced over. He stopped right in front of us with a huge smile on his face. "How are you ladies doing today?" He asked, his eyes stopping on me.

Suki gave me her own smile as if she knew something I didn't. I just raised an eyebrow in response.

"Doing great Twinkle Toes. Now let's get moving! Can't be late." Toph said. At this, we all started speed walking in the direction of our classes.

"I'll see you later in Waterbending in Battle!" Aang called out. 

Waterbending in Battle. That means seeing Zuko. I'm not gonna let him get to me though it was mostly Azula. She'll be with Aang so it shouldn't be a problem.

~~~*~~~

"We are going to a quick demonstration of a cross element match." Master Paku announced to class. "But so you know what we expected from each of you, it is going to be from the top student in each class. Azula and Katara."

Oh, this should be fun.

The class all stood around the practice field while we met in the center with both of the professors.

"Now we both know you are each farther than the others which is why we decided to have this class outside." Master Jeong Jeong said. "But this is just meant to be an example. You are not trying to hurt your opponent." We both could tell he was looking at Azula. Even though she nodded I didn't believe it and I was not just gonna sit back and take it.

Someone better be recording this cause it's gonna get good.

Dun, dun, daaaa!! A battle between elements is one thing but a battle between Azula and Katara is gonna be awesome!

Sorry, this came out a little later than I had planned but school started and I have to do a lot more reading than writing at the moment. Trust me I won't make you wait long for this showdown!

Please let me know what you think with comments and voting for the chapter. Or even going back to another chapter and vote for that as well.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)