Ruined My Mood

Zuko's POV

I woke up early the next day even though I got back late after work. It was weird saying that but I guess that's the point. Then all the memories from last night started coming back, a smile spreading on my face. Slowly that smile turned to a slight frown all because of one moment. Which just pissed me off completely.

~~~*~~~

Why does this keep happening? I, regretfully, pulled away from Katara to see her three friends from before. Two looked shocked but the other was smiling at the floor. 

"Looks like your friends wanna talk." I chuckled and looked Katara in the eyes. "I gotta get back to work but I'll text you tomorrow." And since they already saw us, I kissed her cheek making sure I grabbed the napkins behind her.

"There you are Zuko! I was just about to go looking for you, it's a busy night Nephew. Go over and wipe down those tables in the corner." Uncle instructed.

It was starting to slow down and plenty of the tables were covered in empty cups. I let out a sigh and began cleaning up. This wasn't how I would choose to spend my nights but better than whatever Father would have me do. Then it got worse.

"I guess being the Prince doesn't pay as well as we thought guys."  A voice said. I turned around and saw Jet, again surrounded by his friends. "The Headmaster disowned you? He finally realized that his daughter was better and shouldn't even bother with you."

I tried not to show how much that affected me and kept cleaning the tables. Jet wasn't appreciating the silent treatment.

"I'm talking to you!" Jet said and grabbed my shoulder, roughly turning me around. I saw Uncle behind the bar and could tell he was waiting for my reaction.

"And I was ignoring you." I replied calmly. There was no reason to let this guy get to me and I wasn't gonna start something in Uncle's shop. Jet swung back his hand to punch me but another came out of nowhere.

"I think that's enough Jet." It was Katara's brother. Tonight was full of surprises. 

"Stay out of this Sokka." Jet said, darkly.

"Trust me I'm not doing this for him." Sokka said as he shot me a look before continuing. "But you're trying to start something out of nothing. Let's go." Sokka turned to one of the guys with Jet. He was taller than everyone and pretty big. "Pipsqueak." The guy nodded and lifted Jet out of the room.

"Thanks for that." I said to Sokka.

"It wasn't for you." Sokka said with a scowl. "That was for my sister. This wasn't even close to taking a lightning bolt, but thank you for saving her." 

"Uh, yeah no problem." I said in surprise.

"Even when you don't do anything you mess things up." Azula said from behind me. I'm wasn't sure when she showed up.

"Buzz off Azula." I snapped.

"Hey, I'm just enjoying the show." Azula said, her smirk remained though her tone became serious. "You should know Father isn't done with you. Uncle may have distracted the initial attack but it's not over."

I should have known something was gonna ruin my good mood.

~~~*~~~

Damn, I need to go for a run. I grabbed my phone, plugged in my headphones and just started running.

What is Father going to do? Our break up couldn't have really that big of damage in his plans. This was all because I didn't do as he wanted. Uncle won't be able to save me from that.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I said. I was so focused on my thoughts that I ran into someone. "Are you ok? Wait, is your name Aang?"

Why do they keep getting interrupted? What are the girls gonna say about that kiss to Katara? And what about Aang? I wonder what he's feeling? Wait, I don't need to wonder cause I know! Or I'm pretending to know since I need to keep writing? You decide!

I just wanna thank all of you for sticking with me this far and all the support. Please let me know what you think by hitting that little star or leaving a comment.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)