I'm Not Jealous

Zuko's POV

These girls were getting ridiculous. I don't even know they keep laughing.

"Well, here are your drinks. I need to help other customers." I turn my head and see Jin laughing at me. "This is so not funny."

"It's a little funny. Especially for all the times, you mocked me since I started working for your uncle." She said and I gave her a small smirk.

"Yeah, but that was different."

"How?" She asked, her nose scrunched in confusion.

"It was you, not me." I said. At that, we both laughed. We kept up a pretty easy conversation while I served more customers. This job wasn't going to bad.

"Oh, and Zuko, I have a tip for you." Jin said with a smirk of her own. I had to get closer to her since I hardly heard that.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"You might want to help the customers on the other side of the bar." I look at her with an "oh shit" face and run to the other side of the bar.

"Hey, man, do you think we could get some drinks for these lovely ladies?" A guy said with a cocky tone to his voice. He had shoulder-length brown hair as well as a mustache and soul patch. The dude had to be outside a lot since he had a little bit of a tan.

"No problem-" I stopped once the girl turned around. It was Katara, and she looked amazing. I had to stop my jaw from hitting the floor. I mentally shook my head and focused on the guy. He was standing too close to Katara for my liking, but I didn't show it. "What can I get you?" 

"Pick your poison, beautiful." He said, smiling at Katara. It was clear she was his target since he didn't even look at her friends.

"I'll take a lemonade." She replied but not to me. Katara kept her attention on the idiot, but at least she was kind enough to make sure her friends ordered too. I started on their drinks even though I was beginning to get a little pissed. Katara hadn't said anything to me, let alone look at me. She just kept talking to the idiot. Who was this guy? 

"So Haru," Katara said, answering that question. "You got any skills on the dance floor?"

"Baby, I have plenty of skills I'd be willing to show you." He answered. Oh, come one that was a total hint at where he was hoping this night was going. There was no way Jet was here tonight, or this guy wouldn't be standing. After Katara led the idiot onto the dance floor, two of her friends high-fived each other.

"That was the stupidest line I ever heard, but at least she's getting out there." The one with short brown hair said. They were all looking at the idiot grinding up on Katara, so they didn't even notice I was listening.

"Seriously, Jet was an ass. I never get why she stayed with him." The girl with white hair said. Wait; what?

"Something must have been good for her to have stayed." Another one said. This girl was shorter than the other two with black hair. 

"Oh, I think I might have a clue at that." The brown-haired girl said, nudging the short one and winking at the other. At that, I felt the water boiling in my hand.

"Working life not going as planned, Zuzu?" Azula said, walking up with her friend Ty Lee out of nowhere. Ty Lee was wearing a tight dress that I almost worried if she could breathe. Azula was in her basic black skinny jeans and some red top.

"It's going just great. What can I get you two?" I said sarcasm deep in my voice. Ty Lee leaned forward, giving me a perfect view of her cleavage. I should have seen that one coming. She was hot, no denying that, but I was never really interested.

"Maybe a reason why you broke up with Mai." Azula said, giving Ty Lee a pointed look. I guess flirting with me wasn't part of the plan. Though talking about Mai wasn't part of mine so I turned to Ty Lee.

"Are you sure that's all I can you?" I said, giving Ty Lee a little smirk. She was surprised at my change in attitude but then smiled back at me. If Katara wants to dry hump some random guy, then I'll have to find someone else to give my attention. I quickly glanced towards the dance floor and noticed her looking in this direction, but it seemed like she was staring at her friends.

"Well, I have some ideas." Ty Lee responded. I kept talking to her and Azula, fixing drinks, while Azula made snide remarks. I tried not to look at Katara and the idiot, but I couldn't help glancing in her direction.

"Hm, that is interesting." Azula said after I snuck another look. I didn't ask her because I got called to the other side by the bar.

"Yes, Uncle?" I asked.

"I need you to grab more napkins from the backroom. Just walk past the bathrooms, and it's on your left." He told me.

"Got it." Finally, I got some quiet when I turned down the hall. I almost made it to the backroom when the door to the girl's bathroom opened. Katara and her friends all piled out, laughing and I think were surprised to me.

"Excuse me, ladies." I said as I continued past them but making sure not to look at Katara. They just walked back towards the main room. I guess that's just how it's going to be. That kiss probably meant nothing to her. I walked into the backroom when I heard the door slam shut behind me.

"What is the hell is your problem" Huh, I guess she's mad.

We got another chapter! I want to thank you guys for all the support you've given and that you've stuck with the story. More people have read this than I ever imagined. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart (oh yeah I went there). 

So Katara finally snapped. And they're in a supply closet together. What's gonna happen, I wonder?

Let me know what you think by hitting that star (please) or leaving a comment with ideas.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)