Prologue

"

"...he was a bloody bastard he was.." The tiny little green man tapped his buckle with a hammer near the size of my thumb. Lost in thought he rubbed his temple watching the brass sit on his black shoe mockingly. His Irish voice still runs through the air circling its way into one ear and out the other.

"Ailis, who are you talking about?" I questioned confused at the little man standing on my kitchen table. He was using a large stack of magazines as a chair while he hammered away at the broken buckle.

"The bloke with the spike shoes." Ailis snapped before jumping down from the magazines. Slamming his fists into his hips he dropped the tiny hammer kicking it across the table. "Don't you EVER pay any attention?"

"Who has spiked shoes? What are you talking about?" I took a step back trying to avoid the whiplash. Ailis may be small but he has quite a temper on him. The hammer slipped off the edge of the table hitting the wood floor with a loud clatter. "Ailis! My parents will hear you!" I quickly grabbed the leprechaun from the table wrapping him in my arms to muffle his wild war cries.

"You Savage Idiot! Put me down." He kicked and screamed leaving little bruises to form on my wrists.

"Emerson is that you down there?" I heard a yell from the top of the stairs. My heart started to race.

"Ailis! Please be quiet." I cried out in desperation as he continued to fight. Tightening my grip around the little fellow I sat down on the floor. Trying my hardest to get him to be quiet. "Ailis, please!"

"Emerson!" The yell came again.